GAtkins

Differences Between Luxriot and Video Insight?

Greetings all:

I currently have a stand-alone DVR but I am looking to augment it with either of these two systems for more flexibility on remote viewing.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which one of these is better and why? Compression method? Features etc.? Ease of use.

I have looked at many of the threads and it's just hard to tell.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Glenn

Focus. We're building more of an enterprise grade solution designed to scale up. Luxriot focuses on more consumer grade applications. We do better support, they are cheaper. I don't see anything on thier website about compression methods. We're allowing MJPEG, MPEG-4, WMV compression. Some of it is going to depend on how many cameras you're looking at. For four to eight cameras I would look at them. For 16 to 32 then I would be looking at us.

Focus. We're building more of an enterprise grade solution designed to scale up. Luxriot focuses on more consumer grade applications. We do better support, they are cheaper. I don't see anything on thier website about compression methods. We're allowing MJPEG, MPEG-4, WMV compression. Some of it is going to depend on how many cameras you're looking at. For four to eight cameras I would look at them. For 16 to 32 then I would be looking at us.

hi

i look at your product line on your website , looks interesting , dvr board and ip mix , did not see any software / hardware / pricerange option matrix quick lookup

i seen a fps (~120) limitation on your top of the line boards

are you looking in to acti mpeg4 pci hardware and ip server drivers

need to update geovision and like your ip support , how do you compare to geovision software ver 7 price gv1240 ~$1200

do not like this nicke and dime / dollars software / ip camera licence setup need all in one software set for fix price (16 cameras + 16 ip )

and over that licence pack like 8 , 16 structure etc

kiss metod , now i see why geovision is so popular one price for all

and you use what you need

so can i afford your product ?

dusan

Dusan, the thing about geo is that it always has the latest features, hell even my Bosch stuff does not come close, bt geo is a real pain to deal with.. Thomas is probably the best operator and the most knowledgeable person in here and they use Comart boards and SDK to make their own stuff and it is very impressive but Geo will always have more features as they have more staff and more money.

But to deal with Geo i would rather slide down a 40ft razor blade using my testickles for Brakes, they will sell to anyone so distribution of their product is a pain... they dont regulate their pricing so you never know where to set your price, theys ell to end users and dealers and lie to say they dont, they also deny any problems even though they are aware of them and they never aadmit a fault... be very wary of geo as they will use you to get their aim.

But yes as far as features go, they are the best

............i would rather slide down a 40ft razor blade using my testickles for Brakes

I think that you did have TOO much to drink.

See CCTV's answer for why you didn't find pricing. As far as all in software it's not something we're working on at this time. We design our software to be very modular. The only two bits of it that have to be on the same machine are the analogue capture software and board. The database can be on a seperate machine, the webclient can be on a seperate machine, four differant servers can share them as a resource. The IP camera software is added to that as just another server.

Second is pricing. There is nothing physical we need to sell for IP cameras. There isn't a capture card, dongle, or doodad needed to make it work. It's all software. So we don't have to obey limitations set in hardware like FPS. So why sell you 16 cameras worth of licences when you only need 14? Or why set the limit at an arbitray 8 cameras when you need 9?

KISS is a wonderful thing, but there are differant ways of approching it. I can build an engine that's all one part, something goes bad, the mechcanic swaps out the engine and you are on your way. But that's expensive. Or I can build it out of smaller parts which are much cheaper to replace. Your call.

hay Thomas i like the idea of a seperate webserver, thats excellent, that means you can take the resource load of the machine if it is being connected to by toomany machines? also means you can put that machine outside and in a safe area for security?

Great work.. If i ever leave Bosch and i do doubt it, i will start my own business and you have my word that the first product i will try to import will be yours..

can you email me the GUI>

Shame Bosch is so good that I dont want leave!!

Yeh k boys, i'll tone it down.. must admit I do sound a bit like a walking advertisement these days.. shame of it is, I am sure you know I am pretty honest.. Hell i promote Pana and Dallmier and ikegami aswell, but worst part as a sales person is when you do get to sell the best product because then its hard to tell if your advertising or simply telling the truth..

Truth is Bosch camears are really really good and the best I have seen, and I do get looked after by them, but there is always good stuff around the corner and we are not as competitive on DVR's as we are on cameras.

i do realise that this is a forum and not a place to spam, so i'll pull my head in, but honestly boys. if I had seen this cameras before i worked for bosch... they would still be being highly spoken off by my loud mouth.

really don't mean to be BOB, but i do know more than the average guy so it makes it hard when you know you have a good product.. mind you a forum is that... a forum and I think those points are valid...I used to get so ****ty at rory over his beloved GE so I know i need to pull my head in and I will!!

Horses for courses, the best camera and dvr is the one the customer is happy with

Teres always better around the corner

Well, I got to tell you that if BOSCH made their products more affordable, then I would most likely sell it, but as it is no one sees the point in spending $800 on a camera.

not unless it gives me infrared to 100' as well, and has 2 seperate cameras controlled by a photocell

its still broke and im still catching rides

insurance hasnt come by yet and i havent been able to get any quotes yet, things are too darn slow down here .. think im going to rent a car for a week

What about Remote Playback between Video Insight and LuxRiot using the Client software (not the web client)? Pros/Cons between the two?

Can VI run as both Application and Windows Service?

Anyone know who the programmers are at Luxriot? Americans?

The IP camera software runs as both an app and a service. Verison 3.0 will allow the video server to do both. I've never used thier client software so I can't speak about it.

Anyone know who the programmers are at Luxriot? Americans?

Are we expected to post ID scans here?