Specifying a UPS

This is a very nice APC unit I use

http://www.apcc.com/products/family/index.cfm?id=23&tab=features

It easily sets up with a PC running Windows XP and once you configure the voltage tolerances and other features you can then use it for a stand alone DVR. It will remember all your settings.

It keeps track of every time it goes on battery backup, which could be for to low voltage, to high, brown out, power outage, etc. If you use it with a PC it has a good management program that comes with it. The software tells you how many watts are currently running through the UPS and estimates run time for you.

You can program it for audible alarm or only between certain hours or no alarm at all, just battery backup. It connects to a PC through a USB port and can shut down your PC automatically before the battery goes dead.

I just bought another one of these the other Day. With the DVR, 2 external Hard Drives, 2 cameras (so far), router, USB hub and 19â€

Great!! I feel more at ease now...

Thanks for your help Rory. BTW, don't you sleep??! I seem to see you responding to my posts from my day till nite (which in your place would be afternoon to twilight hours!)