eivissa

Web Service Problem

Hi,

I did have this working a few days ago but since then the router has been reset, although I'm confident the settings are identical and the port forwarding is also correct.

I can access the Web Service V2.0 login page with a static IP followed by port number for the DVR, but when I enter the password it comes up with error message "Fail to connect the device in main connection"

All the settings on the DVR remain the same, and the router is an Edimax AR-7266WNA. The DVR has no apparent make or model and is approx. 2 months old. The weird thing is I can still access the DVR using Web Service on the LAN, just not from outside the network?!

I'm fairly new when it comes to networking so any input would be greatly appreciated,

Pete.

Hi,

I can access the Web Service V2.0 login page with a static IP followed by port number for the DVR, but when I enter the password it comes up with error message "Fail to connect the device in main connection"

Try using another stored username and password to see if that helps.

The weird thing is I can still access the DVR using Web Service on the LAN, just not from outside the network?!

It sounds like you dont have ports forwarded on your router. If you reset your router, this info was more than likely wiped. You will need to forward the appropriate ports on your router.

I've tried all usernames available and although they still work on the LAN using Web Service, they don't on the WAN.

It sounds like you dont have ports forwarded on your router. If you reset your router, this info was more than likely wiped. You will need to forward the appropriate ports on your router.

I'm still pretty sure I've corrected the port settings to the same as when it was all working.

The HTTP port on the DVR is 80

Router Port forwarding..... 37776(public) to 80 (local)

I'm trying to access the DVR on the WAN using static IP followed by the public port

xx.xx.xx.xxx:37776

This worked before which is why I'm after any opinions on what other settings could be stopping the login, as it seems the forwarding is working up until this point?!

I've tried all usernames available and although they still work on the LAN using Web Service, they don't on the WAN.

I'm still pretty sure I've corrected the port settings to the same as when it was all working.

The HTTP port on the DVR is 80

Router Port forwarding..... 37776(public) to 80 (local)

I'm trying to access the DVR on the WAN using static IP followed by the public port

xx.xx.xx.xxx:37776

This worked before which is why I'm after any opinions on what other settings could be stopping the login, as it seems the forwarding is working up until this point?!

Do you have a static ip ... with the reset of your router it might have changed. google myip

Don't forget about port 554. Both 80 and 554 need to be forwarded as "Both"

I've tried a few combinations of the above advice to no avail, not quite sure where to put the numbers in the router settings?! I've also not come accross port 554 before, thing is it was working before having used just 80 for HTTP. Here's a couple of pics of the setup now, which was at one point working I'm sure?!

eivissa85

Thanks in advance for any help!

Your Router configuration page is incorrect. You need to forward ports 80, 37777, and 37776. I dont think port 554 has anything to do with this DVR so dont worry about that.

Looking at your router settings, you dont have port 37777 forwarded. And I am not real familiar with that router configuration page ( I am used to Netgear), but you need 2 more rows of data on your port forwarding table. You need another row with port 37777 as your local port and another row with 37776 as your local port. And you need to remove anything from the public port fields ( I think, please someone correct me if I am wrong) So remove 37776 from the first row on your public port field and add another row for 37776 as a local port, and of course do the same thing for 37777

After you do this, go to CanYouSeeMe.org and type in the port #'s 37777, 37776, and 80 to check to see if your ports are open. If they are, you should be able to log in remotely from outside your network.

****Edit*****

Sorry for the confusion. Replace the numbers 37776 in this post to 37778. I read wrong when I initially looked your DVR page.

Edited by Guest

Looking at your router settings, you dont have port 37777 forwarded. And I am not real familiar with that router configuration page ( I am used to Netgear), but you need 2 more rows of data on your port forwarding table. You need another row with port 37777 as your local port and another row with 37776 as your local port. And you need to remove anything from the public port fields ( I think, please someone correct me if I am wrong) So remove 37776 from the first row on your public port field and add another row for 37776 as a local port, and of course do the same thing for 37777

I have tried forwarding to 80(HTTP), 37777(TCP) and 37778(UDP) by using the similarly numbered 37776 as a public port to translate to HTPP, TCP and UDP in the DVR. Accessed from the LAN xx.xx.xx.xxx:37776 to forward to the above 3 local ports. However I'm not on site so can only change the settings remotely by logging into the router using the static IP, by leaving the public ports field blank I assume that the router will just forward everything to the DVR, leaving me unable to access the router settings anymore?!

After you do this, go to CanYouSeeMe.org and type in the port #'s 37777, 37776, and 80 to check to see if your ports are open. If they are, you should be able to log in remotely from outside your network.

Again as I'm not on site I can't do this, but will do as soon as possible!

Thank you

OK, to save confusion I'm now using public port number 1(unused)on the router to translate to port 80 on the DVR, access now on LAN with xx.xx.xx.xxx:1

This again gets me to the Web Service login page but fails to login.

When I forward to 80, 37777 and 37778 together it just fails to connect.

Can anyone recommend some different software to try accessing the DVR with as there maybe a problem with Web Service?!

OK, to save confusion I'm now using public port number 1(unused)on the router to translate to port 80 on the DVR, access now on LAN with xx.xx.xx.xxx:1

This again gets me to the Web Service login page but fails to login.

When I forward to 80, 37777 and 37778 together it just fails to connect.

Can anyone recommend some different software to try accessing the DVR with as there maybe a problem with Web Service?!

looking at your photo bucket. you have 2 ip addresses for your dvr .......... they need to be the same on your router your have 192.168.201. you need to change that to your dvr ip which in your post is 192.168.2.116.

looking at your photo bucket. you have 2 ip addresses for your dvr .......... they need to be the same on your router your have 192.168.201. you need to change that to your dvr ip which in your post is 192.168.2.116.

I did put a note about that under the photo...it's an old pic and has been updated since, to match the IP on the router...both are 192.168.2.201...wish it was something that simple...still might be!

I incorrectly told you that you needed to forward port 37776 in my above post, What I meant was you needed to forward port 37778. 37776 has nothing to do with your DVR, sorry for the confusion. I have edited my comment above to clarify. So there are 3 ports that you need to forward 37778, 80 and 37777.

There probably isnt another remote software out there that will work with your DVR. Besides, we have WebService on some of our DVR's and it works great. I am pretty sure its your router configuration.

Whenever you get a chance to go to your site, try making the 3 rows of data like I said in the above post to see if that works. If not, please post a screen shot of your router config page to have us verify.

It should look like this:

Local IP Address - Protocol - Local Port

DVR IP - TCP+UDP - 80

DVR IP - TCP+UDP - 37777

DVR IP - TCP+UDP - 37778

by leaving the public ports field blank I assume that the router will just forward everything to the DVR, leaving me unable to access the router settings anymore?!

Maybe but probably not. Usually you can assign an individual port to go into your router remotely, for example 8080. So you would type in PUBLICIP:8080 outside your network to remotely access your router. Besides, even if you cant access your routers admin from outside your network, how often do you really need to do that? If you get it set up properly, you will probably really never need to access your routers admin page again, and if you do, it will probably be onsite.

DVR IP - TCP+UDP - 80

DVR IP - TCP+UDP - 37777

DVR IP - TCP+UDP - 37778

OK I've done the above with the public port field left blank as in pic below (I know pic shows 37776 but has been deleted!) and now I get a new "Info" message when trying to login on the Web Service page which is simply "Time Out"

http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/eivissa85/?action=view&current=routersettings2.png

I can't access the router remotely anymore as all traffic is being forwarded to the DVR, as you mentioned this isn't a problem as the only time it needs accessing is to sort this, which looks like it needs to be done on site anyway! Just wish I knew what it was that needs doing?! Is the "Time Out" message simply a slow connection? The Web Service page does seem to take a lot longer to load up than it did when login wasn't a problem, maybe a problem with the router?!

Thanks again for your help!

DVR IP - TCP+UDP - 80

DVR IP - TCP+UDP - 37777

DVR IP - TCP+UDP - 37778

OK I've done the above with the public port field left blank as in pic below (I know pic shows 37776 but has been deleted!) and now I get a new "Info" message when trying to login on the Web Service page which is simply "Time Out"

http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/eivissa85/?action=view&current=routersettings2.png

I can't access the router remotely anymore as all traffic is being forwarded to the DVR, as you mentioned this isn't a problem as the only time it needs accessing is to sort this, which looks like it needs to be done on site anyway! Just wish I knew what it was that needs doing?! Is the "Time Out" message simply a slow connection? The Web Service page does seem to take a lot longer to load up than it did when login wasn't a problem, maybe a problem with the router?!

Thanks again for your help!

how are you loging into your dvr. Http:// your ip:37777

I tried all 3 ways ...Http:// IP:37777

Http:// IP:37778

Http:// IP (80)

The last one above produced the info message "Time Out" at the Web Service login page, the other 2 (37777, 37778) either didn't connect or produced the same message....I can't remember those 2 and for some strange reason all 3 are failing to connect now so I can't check?! Must be something up with the router

I tried all 3 ways ...Http:// IP:37777

Http:// IP:37778

Http:// IP (80)

The last one above produced the info message "Time Out" at the Web Service login page, the other 2 (37777, 37778) either didn't connect or produced the same message....I can't remember those 2 and for some strange reason all 3 are failing to connect now so I can't check?! Must be something up with the router

are you doing this away from your own network.

Yeah I'm not on site.

On site (on the LAN) I can access the DVR via the Web Service and it logs in fine, it's just trying to log into it on the WAN where the problems start

Yeah I'm not on site.

On site (on the LAN) I can access the DVR via the Web Service and it logs in fine, it's just trying to log into it on the WAN where the problems start

do you have a static ip address

do you have a static ip address

Yeah I do

what make dvr do you have... all the ports look ok on what you have posted you have a static ip (payed for)

does your dvr have remote software ???

what make dvr do you have... all the ports look ok on what you have posted you have a static ip (payed for)

does your dvr have remote software ???

This is a snapshot of some details of the DVR, not much I know it's not got a make or name on it and I haven't got the instructions with me to get any more info

http://s1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/eivissa85/?action=view&current=DVRnetwork9.jpg

The software was automatically installed when accessing the dvr over the network...webrec.cab

Did you simply try typing your public IP address without any ports after it, if not, try it? if you want to PM me your Public IP I can check to see if your ports are open correctly.

Did you simply try typing your public IP address without any ports after it, if not, try it?

Yeah I've tried this earlier and had the same problem...got the Web Service login page but "Time Out" when trying to log in. Now using the same static IP it just won't connect to anything at all...not sure if the router is down?

PM sent