Bmonaweck02

Looking for a 16 Channel DVR and 8 Cameras - Need ideas

I have been looking around in forums and on ebay and have found a DVR and Cameras.

I previously had a Q-see system and that was not working so I returned it. The DVR was not so bad but the cameras were S***! So I have returned the whole system.

I still have all of my cables run but I am looking for a new DVR and Cameras. I have heard that Digimaster makes good DVR's and that CNB is the best as far as camera's.

So I have found the following on Ebay:

DIGIMASTER 16 Channel Networkable DVR (500GB HDD)

[edit by mod-store link removed]

And

CNB IR Bullet Security Camera 600 TVL WCL-20S 1/3 CCD

As far as what I want in a system; I would like to have cameras with atleast 50 or 60 ft of night vision if not more. And a good Standalone DVR.

If you have had either of these items and would give me some advice or if you have some other product suggestions; the advice and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Bmonaweck02

I'm pretty sure your going to want more than 500GB of recording, especially for up to 16 cameras!

I would stay away from buying products like this on ebay. Many members on the forum sell this stuff, as well as dedicated online retailers. A lot easier to return stuff then!

Haven't used that DVR, dunno how good it will really be. It says it will record 240FPS @D1, so thats 15FPS per channel.

The WCL-20S has a fixed lens, so not super versatile for different situations. It has the Monalisa chip, but isn't TDN, so might not see as well as a VCM-24VF or similar camera. I never really like bullet cams, I'm worried people will hang on them or beat them with something.

I would never buy a complete system. Always better to select each part individually, so you get just what you want. For example, you can buy varifocal cameras that zoom in/out to fit the situation, instead of common fixed lenses with those systems. Also, I like to use cat5 with baluns instead of coax or the crappy 'plug-n-play' cable.

In a week I will be able to recommend a DVR, (doing a project with one), but as a DIYer I only have 1 PC system so far.

In terms of cameras, I love CNB's domes, like vcm-24vf, or dbm-24vf. Good bang-for-the-buck. Compared with a friends cameras which are much more expensive, they perform even better, while costing less!

just had a great experience with a digital watchdog vmax dvr this past weekend. i was surprised with how much functionality this little thing came with, things that i've only come to expect from enterprise level solutions. i hadn't done an analog system in almost 2 years, so i wasn't expecting much -but was pretty impressed with what 700 or so bucks got for an 8 channel 500gb stand-alone with h.264. got it from ADI for around 7 beans, nice bang for the buck. you might want to check out their 16 / 1tb model.

+1 on the previous comments about buying cameras separately, so you get the right camera with the right lens for the shot you want. also +1 on cat-5 and baluns, i've been doing this for years with passive baluns and it's paid off in spades - i've been busy upgrading customers to megapixel IP PoE solutions and it's saved alot of headache running wires - all i had to do was crimp on new ends.

In terms of cameras, I love CNB's domes, like vcm-24vf, or dbm-24vf. Good bang-for-the-buck. Compared with a friends cameras which are much more expensive, they perform even better, while costing less!

The specs on those cameras look great, but (to me) that seems expensive ??? $180'ish per camera

But hey - I'm a cheap a$$

I have been installing South Korean Knock offs for long time now and customer's are amazed.

16 channel we use is latest H.264

Record in D1

Should use a 1TB

Very user friendly

All the bells and whisle's for about 1,400.00.

I am not a sale's guy but i could get one for you.

Camera's / Main one we use is: http://www.aadvr.com/VD620VTIR.html

This DVR with these Camera's

You will have to get a good 19 inch hitachi monitor to see an incredable image

Toaster I get them for much less.

Well now that my project is done, I can 100% recommend Samsung's SRD-1670DC. I used the 8-channel version (SRD-870DC), loaded it up with 3.5TB of space. It works wonderfully, NO glitches whatsoever.

That is the system I purchased for my business. I got the Digimerge DVR not the Cantex DVR as stated on the site. Compared to other systems I looked at, Its pretty reasonably priced. I've had it for four months and no problems. It has a 500GB Hard drive, but it is upgradeable. I get about 5 Days of recording on highest FPS setting.