rory

LCDs going cheap now

Rory, what can you do with 32" LCD that you can not do with 15" LCD, unless if you are a gamer or like to write a code

Levon

huh???

Hmmm, 16 view video, 32 view video, 64 view video, multi site, etc etc etc ..

15" LCD?? Okay for a 4 channel, but thats about it. We have a 16 channel DVR now with a 27" LCD at a security booth, and the 50" HD Plasmas also look cool with the network software in multi site from the GE DVRs ...

Rory, what can you do with 32" LCD that you can not do with 15" LCD, unless if you are a gamer or like to write a code

Levon

The same thing a man does with 8 inches versus 6......brag and smile

G22 those are small LCDs . ... looks something like our alarm monitoring station as we use multiple monitors, but honestly i hate multiple monitors, i prefer a large one that lets you split it into as many inputs as you want, like the 27 and 32" LCDs ..

yep, and the quality is pretty good also for analog CCTV, better than the regular PC LCDs ...

I am curious what the HDTV output will look like on a big screen TV. This video card I have has dual DVI, but also has a separate connector and a ypbr or whatever it called dongle.

Anyone have this type of video card and tried it?

Ive used the DVI out from a Sony Entertainment PC to a HDTV and was not that impressive. Bigger the TV the worst the PC image is .. at least if you want to run any kind of normal resolution .. the 27 and 32" LCDs though are very decent quality.

Depends on the quality of the input,play a hi-def disc on a pc connected to a 42" plasma through dvi and its like looking through a window.

well i was using a 50", wasnt any more impressive than the VGA to me ..

Rory,

You made your point! Bigger is Better

We used American Dynamics 42", 46" and 50" Plasma TVs with DVI inputs in the past.

Had an application that required to have 25 individual stores images and full control on the equipment in each store through this 50" Plasma and all these stores are located throughout the country... Took a week to complete and the end result was very interesting.. Used GE and Bosch DVRs for each and every location (some pre-existing and some we added) and with view and complete control of each and every dome and the camera gave the management complete control and view on every corner of their stores 24/7... and if they needed playback for a specific store's activity for a specific camera/dome, they did without any problems...

The overall costs were devided between several departments of this organization and this was not only a security application. Rather, we had their advertising, merchandising and security department to contribute, therefore the overall costs were splitted among these departments. Each department received one of these 50" Plasmas at their approprate section of the corporate office and they each had their own agenda to use this setup...

Levon

that page isn't loading for me, but watch out for very cheap lcds. The worst 'deal' I've ever seen was a great priced lcd but the return policy stated that you couldn't return the lcd if it had LESS than 9 dead pixels.

I hate if I see an LCD with one dead pixel it's bad. Imagine 5,6,7, or 8!

-WC-