LordSabre

NV6480e, cameras show blank green screen

I have tried the cameras on a tester and they work fine, but when connected to the PC it just comes up as a blank green, so it recognizes that a camera is connected but it doesnt show anything. I cant really figure out what the problem is and I cant seem to find any posts with a similar problem. Maybe its the PC/OS?

The specs are:

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Intel i5 - 2500 processor

Gigabyte motherboard GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3

4GB RAM

ATI HD5650 video card

500GB OS drive and 2TB storage drive (neither are green drives)

I might try installing 32 bit windows 7/xp and see if that helps. If that doesnt I have run out of ideas on what I can do.

Hi. just have a look under camera settings in system and make sure they are not set to ip or dvr. cam is top one. and also same screen top left you will see active click all then active again.

did you use the software that came with your card ??? press F1 and list what you have.

Hi,

NV6480e has a compatibility problem with socket 1155 motherboards. Avermedia knows about it and is working on a solution.

Sigh, have they made any statement as to when they plan on releasing an update?

Hi the card has been out since 2009. ... do you know what S/w your using.

I know in the past they had issues with H series mother boards and always told me to use a P series. That said, I have a NV6420 running on a H55 gigabyte motherboard with onboard graphics and it's stable. I plan to try it on a Z68 soon.

Yeah definitely socket 1155 and the NV6480 dont go well. I downgraded the computer a little bit to the h55 motherboard and its working fine now Also was able to shave off a few $.

I had similar issues on an 1156. Once I dl'd drivers for the video from the manufacturer instead of what Windows 7 provides, all was well.

Just in case anyone was wondering if this issue was resolved. It was. Avermedia has released a Sandybridge patch available for download. It's working for my new NV8416 system. Took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working ha. Working on my Z68 mobo.

Firmware Patch for Sandy Bridge Compatibility (06/27/2011)

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download/NVseries/NV8416E4/FW_V700D.zip

Had the same problem today after installing the card.

It turned out that the setting was not set to PAL.

Works fine now.

I got new averemedia nv6480 I got black screen issues phone them up they told me new version of card they will do rma for card to new model just thoght let any one know have issues give them call hope resloved issues

Just in case anyone was wondering if this issue was resolved. It was. Avermedia has released a Sandybridge patch available for download. It's working for my new NV8416 system. Took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working ha. Working on my Z68 mobo.

Firmware Patch for Sandy Bridge Compatibility (06/27/2011)

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download/NVseries/NV8416E4/FW_V700D.zip  

good morning i know have passed many years from this post and the download but i have the same problem cannot download because is not available and was wondering anybody kind enough to send it to me or repost it , i am using windows 10 64bit when going to view the cameras when not connected signal loss when connected green screen . I would really appreciate helo