tommy858

why modem router cannot be setup for internet view?

why modem router cannot be setup for internet view, must be separate modem and router just can do the internet setting for DVR network? may someone help me to solve this problem. i have try many time use just one modem router to do the dvr setup for the internet view, this way cannot success. If i use separate modem and router there have no problem for the DVR network. WHY?? is it must use difference IP like 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 for the gateway just can get the connection in between DVR and router? Please help me..thank you!

your priority is the router connected to the dvr. It is the gateway of dvr. There is NAT for translating the ip addresses in all routers. Google on these subjects for more information.

why modem router cannot be setup for internet view, must be separate modem and router just can do the internet setting for DVR network? may someone help me to solve this problem. i have try many time use just one modem router to do the dvr setup for the internet view, this way cannot success. If i use separate modem and router there have no problem for the DVR network. WHY?? is it must use difference IP like 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1 for the gateway just can get the connection in between DVR and router? Please help me..thank you!

Do you have a firewall?

Yep u have point

have seen before

Chinese routers do not like Korean DVR

just joking

Don't double-NAT. It doesn't work well.

In other words, don't forward port from the modem to a port of the router, to the ip and port of the DVR. Depends on the modem+router combo though...

I find it best to set the modem up in bridge modem, let the router take care of the internet connection (PPPoE), and then you are translating only once. routers are just smarter!

I've heard tale that a modem/router combo can work, but I'm not sure I believe it.

If it does, as you've seen it's not easy. Since you got everything working nicely with a separate modem and router, I would suggest you don't fix what isn't broke now. It's just the easiest way to set it up for remote viewing in this application.

Dan