CHOPRAMO

Dahua or Hikvision

I need to propose an entry level, real time CIF 16 channel DVR to a corporate client.

The client will need at least 20 such DVRs over the next two years and hence, wants to choose a brand carefully.

He wants to access all the DVRs on the net and hence, wants a user friendly CMS.

Which brand should i propose Hikvision or Dahua.

If possible, please also propose model numbers.

I would go for Hikvision, but both would do the job properly.

With Hikvision 7216HVIST you would have 16ch CIF real time or D1 6fps (you can choose on each channel); with Dahua 1604LE-A you would have 2ch D1 real time (channels 1 and 9) and 14ch CIF real time.

you would have 16ch CIF real time or D1 6fps

You can do the same thing on Dahua, except its 7 FPS instead of 6FPS but thats not much of a difference really.

you would have 16ch CIF real time or D1 6fps

You can do the same thing on Dahua, except its 7 FPS instead of 6FPS but thats not much of a difference really.

Ahhh, that's good to know, I never checked. So with Dahua entry level DVRs, you have 1ch D1 real time, and the rest are CIF real time or D1 7fps?

Ahhh, that's good to know, I never checked. So with Dahua entry level DVRs, you have 1ch D1 real time, and the rest are CIF real time or D1 7fps?

Well not exactly.

If its an 8 or a 4 channel, you can select channel 1 as 1-30 FPS D1 while the others have to be 1-30 FPS CIF Or.........

You can choose any or all the channels to either be 1-7 FPS D1 or 1-30 FPS CIF - Any combo

The 16 channels you can select Ch1 and 9 to be the full D1 while the others are CIF or..............

You can choose any or all the channels to either be 1-7 FPS D1 or 1-30 FPS CIF - Any combo

Ah, ok. I thought you could keep the D1 real time on those channels, even when using D1 7/fps on the other channels. It is good to know you can choose anyway.

I try to always say "real time" because otherwise I would say 25fps, since I work in PAL. That's why I was also referring to 6fps while you say 7fps, since it is D1 6fps on PAL, and D1 7fps on NTSC

Dahua 4 channel Entry level VGA DVR (LE-AS/AN 4)

Main Stream: Channel 1: D1/CIF/QCIF (1~25/30fps); Channel 2~4: CIF/QCIF (1~25/30fps), D1 (1~6/7fps)

If channel 1 is D1 then 2-4 will be CIF

http://www.mediafire.com/?c20i8bwmaodwyr7

Dahua 8 channel Entry level VGA DVR (LE-AS 8 )

Main Stream: CIF/QCIF(1~25/30fps), D1(1~6/7fps)

http://www.mediafire.com/?50w6401dan0vb2m

Dahua 16 channel Entry level VGA DVR (LE-AS 16)

Main Stream: CIF/QCIF(1~25/30fps), 2CIF(1~12/15fps), D1(1~6/7fps)

http://www.mediafire.com/?50w6401dan0vb2m