shockwave199

Video of my cameras at night

I did this short vid of my finished install- shot in remote view at night. Not one of these cameras was over 50 bucks- a few under 50 bucks. Considering the amazing quality I've seen here from great cameras, these cheap cameras do fall short, obviously. But for a diy job on a tight budget just to get a system up a running, I think it's quite adequit. Perhaps I'm bias though!

Seven cameras are gadspots; bullets and domes, 520's and a 560 tvl, and one q-see 400 tvl cmos that came with my package. I opted rather quickly to change the q-see cams out to gadspots to upgrade my viewing quality. I'm pleased. And I hope maybe this will be of interest to other residential diy'ers out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF6KhI_eGT0

Dan

Looks good

Seems like you will be busy.

I have a client who likes to do alot of his own work, just gets me down to ask alot of questions mostly or some DVR stuff. He started with just a few cameras, now he has 2x DVRs (1x16 and 1x32) and over 30 cameras plus a couple DVRs sitting under a pile of boxes waiting to be put somewhere and a box of various cameras gradually being installed over time

Tip. Regarding the multi client software, try dragging the group name to box 1 to connect to and load all cameras ... works for other software so may work with that one.

Very nice job. Looks like you put a lot of thought into what you were doing and it worked out well. What type of DVR is being used? Is it a QSee?

I like it!! " title="Applause" />

Especially, for an inexpensive install, it is great. You are also a very good explainer and reviewer!

As Rory has mentioned, it does become an unstoppable hobby... Pretty soon you will have 30 cameras too.

Tip. Regarding the multi client software, try dragging the group name to box 1 to connect to and load all cameras ... works for other software so may work with that one.

Thanks Rory. I'll look closely at tweaking that for sure.

One correction- the cameras were a little more expensive than 50 bucks, but not by much- 60 bucks.

I do love this whole thing. I got hooked for sure. But an eight cam system is all I need at my residence. I foresee my hobby being just chasing down problems, cleaning lenses, webs, and such. Just trying to keep the whole shebang as good as it is right now. I am trying to get some family to think about the same system too though- at residences and a business. After all, my software is for multi client and I watch the cams all night long. I suppose I AM sniffing around to expand the hobby.

The dvr is a q-see 408. I'm very happy with it. This summer has been anything but smooth sailing with power outages and storms. The dvr and the cameras continue to hold steady and strong. I have no delusions about the whole system being budget- cheap. But I figure if I hang around here and maybe update on a diy install such as mine, maybe all us diy'ers can learn a thing or two from the experience.

Thanks a bunch for checking in guys. I continue to learn a lot from you all who know so much. Looking forward to sharing more.

Dan

Here's a day video. These are really tough to do because of mp4 compression. It's kind of counter productive to show the quality of cctv veiws, and then have that quality compromised by rendering compression. But so be it, we're talking amature diy stuff here and considering there isn't much help for people at this level to view somewhat comprehensive videos, I make this effort. When I was shopping and planning for my install, vids like these would have been golden and such a help. In that spirit, hopefully this helps other diy'ers get some ideas for their installs.

I'll have a total of three vids on my setup, which will be in my signature link. Thanks for watching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcWBo4rNsm4

And here's my last one, covering my install with camera placement-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc9a-MYNtZk

Dan

I have three videos, One day time, one night with light source, one night without light... Peep it: And yes its me in the vids.

Day:

http://www.youtube.com/securitygeeks#p/a/u/2/oL4GjkVvb10

Night With Light:

http://www.youtube.com/securitygeeks#p/a/u/1/QYUFaW3WqFA

Night w/out Light:

http://www.youtube.com/securitygeeks#p/a/u/0/sSiPaYZ7RYM

These cameras have a name?

And how do you get a DVR to record video that maxes out at 30fps, at 120fps?

Very nice job that matie. Thanks for sharing.

You're very welcome.

SG- if you're gonna hijack a thread, it's common courtesy to at least acknowledge the OP first. Or better yet, start your own thread maybe.

Dan

Darn good looking cameras for the price. I may have to buy one to compare them to my $200 KT&C's.

Thanks for the info.

Nice job Dan, a little minor tweaking of those security lights and your got it cracked. Well positioned cameras no white noise

to speak of really is there?

My PTZ is worthless at night so my next thing is to think about how to add light, what would be better, flood lights or IR floods, I'll experiment as some places there are too many trees to make IR useful. It's just a matter of trying out different methods and distances. Fortunately, I have about 12 presets (hotspots) to monitor daytime but at night maybe just two or three.

I am too embarrassed and frustrated to show what i get at the moment. It's not useful.

Don't be afraid to show of what ya got!

What kind of PTZ do you have? Maybe you could affix a MIR3000 to it, so the IR follows wherever the camera goes!

Nice job Dan, a little minor tweaking of those security lights and your got it cracked. Well positioned cameras no white noise to speak of really is there?

Thanks, and no- not much noise at all. These cameras have all but eliminated picture noise at night. And yes- show your setup like Adam said!

Btw- here's my last new camera on my front door- just installed yesterday. Another gadspot and a really nice upgrade from what I had there-

frontdoornewcam-1.jpg

Dan

If it's night vision you're interested in, watch my night vid for my system in my signature link. The model numbers of the cameras are in the vid. These are cameras from gadspot. Put a .com after it and browse around. The cameras are still doing great. Good luck.

Dan