easytim

Have anyone tried Exacq software with small a mini computer?

I don't like HP, because everything is proprietary, you can't work on them, you have to use their parts, ram,hard drive, etc.

When was the last time you were in a HP?

They are no different than any other PC these days. Not defending HP just trying to keep facts straight.

oop's, I'm thinking of Dell

Dell is made by Acer.

Rory not sure why you are questioning me on this. You would not be able to tell the difference between a Exacq server running with a Atom or a dual quad core Xeon.

Im pretty certain I would be able to tell the difference between using an Atom and a Dual Core.

But the OP can use whatever he likes, im only voicing my opinion based on my experiences.

My experience is with Exacq and other VMS's on Atom, iCore and Xeon machines.

Thing you gotta remember is, boot-up time may be seen as "slow", but that doesn't really matter - this is a PC DVR!

Once its booted up, running one open program will be totally fine!

Every time you move your mouse the OS goes to work.

An Atom PC should never be used for anything more than browsing the web especially if someone went and put Windows 7 on it, even with XP its just a basic computer. Boot time has nothing to do with it, I had 600mhz Celerons booting up in under 10 seconds, but they still were slow and thats with XP. Ive used countless Atom computers with Windows 7 and one might as well just pull out all 4 wisdom teeth cause thats how painful the experience is. The world is going backwards, Asus had it right first when they put Linux on the Netbooks, we only put XP on because we wanted to do more, but we stripped it down to 400mb OS installs, tweaked the crap out of it, and we still knew there was only so much we could do with it - seems now a days people dont care how slow and useless a computer is, heck they might as well just go grab a $10 second hand Pentium 3 computer and be done with it, imagine how much one can save from that initial cost.

my 5 cents.

I actually have a single core Atom with Exacq running at my office with 4 megapixel cams. It runs just perfect but will slow down tremendously if using the server as a client as well. As wireguys says if it is built with a purpose to record then it works great but if you plan to sit there and use it as a client as well then you may want to look at something a little beefier.

I just got a dual core Atom this past week but haven't gotten Exacq on it. I have a customer who want to have a couple IP cameras at his house so when he goes to Florida in the winter. This will make for a perfect solution because it will work with his Blackberry and on his wife's MacBook and it didn't cost him a fortune. He is not computer savvy at all and since Exacq has none of that active x stuff it will make it easier for me as well

I actually have a single core Atom with Exacq running at my office with 4 megapixel cams. It runs just perfect but will slow down tremendously if using the server as a client as well. As wireguys says if it is built with a purpose to record then it works great but if you plan to sit there and use it as a client as well then you may want to look at something a little beefier.

I just got a dual core Atom this past week but haven't gotten Exacq on it. I have a customer who want to have a couple IP cameras at his house so when he goes to Florida in the winter. This will make for a perfect solution because it will work with his Blackberry and on his wife's MacBook and it didn't cost him a fortune. He is not computer savvy at all and since Exacq has none of that active x stuff it will make it easier for me as well

I have the Exacq app on my iPhone right now ready to try it out when I get my Asus dual core Atom up and running.

The app for the iPhone was free I'm looking forward to using it.

I think its will be cool to see my cameras on my phone at anytime

I have the purchased version of the exacq app put out by DComplex for 49.99. Don't know if I would pay for that since there is a free version now but I find that the paid one is a lot more stable. I prefer the interface and the way I can add new cameras to any window I want. The app other than that is a nice app to have available for the iphone and ipad for that matter because I have it on both.

I have the purchased version of the exacq app put out by DComplex for 49.99. Don't know if I would pay for that since there is a free version now but I find that the paid one is a lot more stable. I prefer the interface and the way I can add new cameras to any window I want. The app other than that is a nice app to have available for the iphone and ipad for that matter because I have it on both.

The latest release of the free version has improved, but I still prefer the paid version. I have both installed on my iPhone and iPad, and usually open the paid version.

Best,

Christopher

Which 2.5" drives are suitable for the demands of NVR recording?

Any preference for vendor? Asus? Zotac? Others?

Best,

Christopher

Best,

Christopher

The Enterprise NVR is built on best-in-class components that provide the flexibility and ... mirrored 2.5" operating and application drives for high availability. ... ensure 100% recording and smooth playback even with multiple client connections. ... and is tested to sustain the rigorous demands of a video system. ...

The Enterprise NVR is built on best-in-class components ...

Best,

Christopher

I got the Asus eb1012p computer today, I must say the Windows7 Pro. 64bit runs faster than anything I have used before.

I'm waiting on a HDMI cable and a DVI cable, so far I'm pleased with the Asus unit, but the real test will come when I start

using the Exacq software on it.

The Enterprise NVR is built on best-in-class components ...

Best,

Christopher

Western Digital Enterprise hard drive, comes highly recommended

I got the Asus eb1012p computer today, I must say the Windows7 Pro. 64bit runs faster than anything I have used before.

Would you call Asus eb1012 Enterprise NVR ?

just curios

Would you call Asus eb1012 Enterprise NVR ?

just curios

N0

Agree

Western Digital makes the Enterprize hard drives, its not a NVR, neither is the Asus eb1012p

Some how this post is getting twisted about the word Enterprize, read below about hard drives

Exacq-requirements.jpg.a1695319ee5dffb7407f6c54f9adaba1.jpg