vmgtlexi

Can I Remotely Access Two Different CCTV DVR's?

I currently have 1 CCTV DVR (4-channel). I also have a static IP at my house. So, I can remotely access my DVR to view my cameras from anywhere I can get a hold of the internet.

I am thinking of adding a 2nd DVR in order to allow for more than 4 cameras.

Question - If I have two separate DVR's installed, is it possible to remotely access BOTH of them via the internet? Since I only have one static IP, I am just not familiar with how that would work.

If I open my Internet Explorer browser and input my static IP as the URL, it takes me to the login page for my current CCTV DVR.

If I do add the 2nd DVR, will I be able to access both DVR's remotely with a single static IP?

For example, if my current static IP were 11.11.11.111, how (if at all possible) would I remotely access one DVR over the other and vice versa? Maybe it has to do with the extension AFTER the static IP address, such as:

DVR 1: 11.11.11.111/DVR1

DVR 2: 11.11.11.111/DVR2

Is that generally the idea? Thus, I assume that once I get the 2nd DVR set up internally to be "visible" on my home network and remotely accessible that it will all work AOK???

Hi. yes you have the right idea. you just need to set a port for each dvr.

DVR1 11.11.11.111: 5555

DVR2 11.11.11.111:5556

which ever port number you give to each DVR ip in your router settings.

Since you're getting a second dvr, I would suggest you think about investing in an eight channel dvr and just using one for all eight cameras. A much better solution I think.

Dan