HTElectrical

VCM-24VF Excessive noise

If anything the first picture has less light than the second.

If thats true than I agree that the camera is kind of suckin but just like other posters have said, I havent seen a CNB with Monalisa perform that bad with that amount of light. Where are the light sources in the second picture? In the first picture you have a bright garage light on but I dont see any light sources in the 2nd pic other than the ones way across the street.

All I know is that the claims of these cameras working in hardly no light at all are just false. Having a clear picture in starlight is also hogwash. Most any camera with such little lighting will have noise. The CNB's dont need much light but they still do need some.

How bright is your flood lighting? The second image isn't much use, since you are supplementing the light with IR.

2 X 100 Watts I think?

Here is the changeover from day to night:

Changeover from IR to Floodlighting:

IR to No IR: (yeah there's some noise there)

ScreenHunter_005-1.jpg

No mater what I do I CAN NOT get that piece of SH!T to switch to black and white. I finally had to manually switch it and leave it there. How do I tell if this option is available? It is available on the menu, but where do I connect the external photocell?

388479784_NewBitmapImage.JPG.c5c48d78ce31eb804e424354a32cf062.JPG

Has anyone tried this camera from Samsung?

SCC931T_m-1.jpg

SKU: SCC-931T

* 1/4 Inch IT Super HAD CCD

* 480TV Lines Resolution

* Minimum Scene Illumination: 0.005 Lux @ 15IRE, Sens-Up x128 (F1.6)

* 12X Motorized Optical Zoom with 10X Digital Zoom

* DSP (Digital Signal Processing)

* On Screen Display (OSD)

* Motion Detection

* IP66 Rated

* RS485 Remote Control

* 12VDC/AC24V (60Hz)

* Built-In Ground Fault Isolation Transformer

SCC-931T is an anti-vandal color dome camera that ensures outstanding observation with excellent color sensitivity and high resolution. The combination of superior imaging and anti-vandal housing assembly make the SCC-931T a perfect solution to areas that require additional protection. Remote control and programming is accomplished via RS-485 communication (half duplex), which allows all cameras in the high impact series to be remotely controlled.

https://www.dwgsecurity.com/reference/Manufacturers/Samsung/SCC-931T.pdf

1-1.jpg

This is with the same lighting as the second pic of the CNB

2-1.jpg

Now how about with motion? A number of cameras have a "starlight" mode - usually it's achieved with super-slow shutter speeds that mean extreme motion blur.

Problem is thats 1/4"

Also I dont see that on their website so its probably discontinued or left over from the old samsung GVI.

Samsung's equivalent to the CNB is either of these:

http://www.samsungcctvusa.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=331

http://www.samsungcctvusa.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=282

It costs alot more though.

Has anyone tried this camera from Samsung?

SCC931T_m-1.jpg

SKU: SCC-931T

* 1/4 Inch IT Super HAD CCD

* 480TV Lines Resolution

* Minimum Scene Illumination: 0.005 Lux @ 15IRE, Sens-Up x128 (F1.6)

* 12X Motorized Optical Zoom with 10X Digital Zoom

* DSP (Digital Signal Processing)

* On Screen Display (OSD)

* Motion Detection

* IP66 Rated

* RS485 Remote Control

* 12VDC/AC24V (60Hz)

* Built-In Ground Fault Isolation Transformer

SCC-931T is an anti-vandal color dome camera that ensures outstanding observation with excellent color sensitivity and high resolution. The combination of superior imaging and anti-vandal housing assembly make the SCC-931T a perfect solution to areas that require additional protection. Remote control and programming is accomplished via RS-485 communication (half duplex), which allows all cameras in the high impact series to be remotely controlled.

https://www.dwgsecurity.com/reference/Manufacturers/Samsung/SCC-931T.pdf

A new problem i noticed with the monalisa cameras

this is the VCM-24VF, VBM-24VF, and DFL-20s

In the case of the DFL there are no settings to adjust.

I will leave this image up for a short time but then have to remove it.

Notice all the cameras inside the red line, those are the CNBs.

Any ideas why they are distorting when resized smaller and not the others?

Notice particularly the DFL-20s to the right of the door camera, that "V" is supposed to be straight lines.

Notice particularly the DFL-20s to the right of the door camera, that "V" is supposed to be straight lines.

No, why are they????

No, why are they????

LOL no ... but I have a quote right now and they would be looking at them like this, many smaller windows, and its useless if this is how they will be. Luckily I caught it before they ordered, but now I need to change the quote and find a dome that doesnt do this. Or maybe I will go with the Samsung TDN Bullet which is around $200 (no IR).

The distortion when viewed in a small box is probably the way the viewer is handling the video.

Yeah but its only happening to the CNB cameras.

The others range from cheap costo type cameras (installed by others) and cheap Color IR to Bosch Day night, basically most if not all are probably Sony chips.

Just throwing things out there. Are all of the cameras on the same PSU, DVR?? Do they share anything in common, like being located in the same general area, or are the runs possibly in the same conduit?

They are all different, some are powered together, some are individual, some are 12vdc and some are 24vac, some conduit some not, picture is fine otherwise.

It has to be something with the Monalisa chip I would think

cant be the chip other wise others using the monalisa on say a avers or samsung would also be having this problem. it has to be the way pss is converting the signal.