HTElectrical

VCM-24VF Excessive noise

i just installed 3 of these mona lisa domes...you need to set the camera permantely in black and white mode. the switch level like rory says is more than terrible. picture looks like crap cause the gain is really high...just lower the agc level in the menu, or set it in black and white mode permantely.

update: some of these cnbs i find are inconsistent with this switch over level. try playing with the agc settings. any lower than 14 it would stay in color not matter what. at level 15 and above it switches normally....

i have two brand new cams and one works fine not matter what but another has the inconsistent problem..

I'm pleased with mine...but I don't have a more expensive camera to compare it with.

This is after me refocusing a little. I haven't messed with any of the settings. But quality wise it looks pretty good to my untrained eyes.

441372986_frontprofile.jpg.cee141905eecd323cd58870c0cba5173.jpg

I have a bunch of these 24vf's. It is a messed up camera and I don't sell them anymore. I've sent back a large number of them. Trying to get the camera to remain in focus between day and night is nearly impossible sometimes. There is inconsistency in the cameras, buy two and one may be fine and the other may have day and night focus issues.

The inbetween is terrible just before switchover.

I hate these cameras, there are better in this price range.

What others have you found in the price range? Im still looking.

I don't fight so much with the Arm Electronics cameras and they are in the same price range. I have the issue as you though which is why I have so many of these CNB cams out there. Last two jobs I used Arm and it was so much easier without all the frustrations.

I don't fight so much with the Arm Electronics cameras and they are in the same price range. I have the issue as you though which is why I have so many of these CNB cams out there. Last two jobs I used Arm and it was so much easier without all the frustrations.

Yeah but I dont think my supplier sells those, but I guess I could try their generic TDN dome, its 600TVL also with 2.8-12mm, OSD etc .. couple dollars more but if it has a photocell then I guess good to go - its the video switchover on the VBM/VCMs that get to me. Id rather use something from the actual manufacturer though. KT&C has some but they are $50 more, and not the kind of design that can really be wall mounted (stick out too much) which some clients need.

Ill search down the Arm though .... thanks