Sign in to follow this  
seanfry

Adata Apollo, APOHDLED4-SF. Firmware Disaster!!

Hi cctv forum,

I have searched but cant find an answer to this. I have an Apollo HDLED4-SF DVR. I just installed what I believed to be the latest firmware, The dvr will not work now, It powers on but there is no picture, I can hear the hdd working, the dvd drive ejects, and the unit responds to ping on a network. but there is nothing on the monitor. Can this be repaired economically or is it dead???. Looking forward to your expert advise. Regards Sean

Doesn't sound like a PAL/NTSC issue as you will see something.

Options

1-Try a different monitor - the default resolution may be out of range for your monitor.

2-if you can telnet to the port over the network try to get the correct firmware and upload that to it using the network update tool

3-Send back to Adata as they will have the tool to connect to the DVR and update the firmware that way.

1-Try a different monitor - the default resolution may be out of range for your monitor.

sounds like the problem The LED need 19inch widescreen or above to display.

to see if your dvr is working use the composite out to a tv or test monitor.

how old is your unit. the LED is a new model.

2-if you can telnet to the port over the network try to get the correct firmware and upload that to it using the network update tool

This is what I would do. We have had firmwares that have caused display issues as well and whenever you have the right firmware, it solves everything.

Thanks for all your replys, I have tried the composite, rgb and hdmi outputs with no success, dont quite know what you mean about telnet?.

Regards

Sean

Thanks for all your replys, I have tried the composite, rgb and hdmi outputs with no success, dont quite know what you mean about telnet?.

Regards

Sean

Hi is this your DVR ??? there are 2 apollo led 1 is qvis and another is a cheap chines DVR.

167880_1.jpg

Hi Tom, Yes that is the dvr unit I have from Adata, APOHDLED4-SF.

I have the correct firmware for it but cant get it into the machine.

Regards

Sean

Hi is this your DVR ??? there are 2 apollo led 1 is qvis and another is a cheap chines DVR.

167880_1.jpg

Hi. if you have used 2.606.AD firmware then that is not for your dvr. its for the old eco.

the dvr you have is new so no update firmware yet. you will have to send your unit back

Hi Tom, The firmware installed is 2.608, the latest firmware version. But it is the incorrect firmware.

I have the correct firmware to install, but need help on how to install using telnet.

Regards

Sean

Hi Tom, The firmware installed is 2.608, the latest firmware version. But it is the incorrect firmware.

I have the correct firmware to install, but need help on how to install using telnet.

Regards

Sean

hi. the LED does not have a firmware update its only been out for 2-months were did you get the firmware from ??

Thats strange as Dahua says 2.608 works for all their DVRs, I guess they forgot to mention it doesnt work with the LED model, and oh yeah unlikely for the VGA one either

Actually I have installed 2.608 on the LE-A 4, 8, and 16 and the LE-U 32 ... but not the VGA models which I doubt it would work on.

BTW there are 2 versions of 2.608 floating around, the initial release of May 2011, and a recent August release which is Spanish/English (Spanish default) with an NTSC config update - this newer version of 2.608 works much better than the initial release but as far as I know they are still beta.

What firmware version do you have now to replace it with, and where did you get it from?

There is typically no need to update the firmware unless you are having problems that the new firmware can fix.

Telnet - would be to see if it is responding over the network. In XP, start, run, type cmd.exe, then type TELNET IP PORT where IP is the IP of the DVR and Port is 37777 or 37778. Or just ping the IP.

Can you log onto the DVR at all using any of the network software?

Hi, The firmware I have is the essential update ECO/LED RELEASE/BUILD DATE 25/06/10. I was told this by Adata Technical support line.

So is this incorrect?.

I have tried telnet to access the unit but it will not accept the login details, admin and admin.

This is the same for the network update tool provided by Adata.

the unit has the IP 192.168.1.6. the unit responds to ping but is just not accepting login details which have not been changed from default.

ECO/LED RELEASE/BUILD DATE 25/06/10.

hi the eco is no longer made. your dvr is the new LED D1.

if they said it will work then you will have no problem sending it back under warranty. the dvr has to go back to be flashed

at this time only the seller or manufacturer can assist.

please follow their guidelines as what to do.

Normally you can use the network config tool to login to your DVR and upgrade the firmware that way. It sounds like you got an NTSC firmware update when you should have had pal. If you can give Adata your WAN IP, they can more than likely update it over the network as long as your IP on your DVR hasnt changed or your password hasnt.

Hi Sean.

The IP address has remained the same and responds to ping, I have not changed the login details, yet when I enter admin and admin which are the default login details using the network update tool it just says login failed. looks like the unit is scrap as Adata not interested in helping because I bought the unit from Ebay.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help it has been much appreciated.

Regards

Sean

looks like the unit is scrap as Adata not interested in helping because I bought the unit from Ebay

were did the unit come from off ebay was it uk or france ??? i can flash it for you ( your cost P&P)

but first can you post a picture of your unit.

Hi Sean.

The IP address has remained the same and responds to ping, I have not changed the login details, yet when I enter admin and admin which are the default login details using the network update tool it just says login failed. looks like the unit is scrap as Adata not interested in helping because I bought the unit from Ebay.

Regards

Sean

before you scrap it.

Start, Run

Type cmd and hit Enter

Type TELNET IP PORT

Where IP is the IP of the DVR, and port is the DVR's port (eg. 37777)

See if that works, at the least it will tell you if the port is open.

firmware updates do not overwrite the passwords, if you have changed the admin password previously try logging in with any network software and your custom password.

Optionally, shut down the DVR and remove the battery for 3 minutes, then replace again and power back up.

See what that does.

Hi, I have tried telnet with the Ip address and 37777, I then get the login, I enter admin and enter then password comes up, when I try to enter nothing appears on the scree. cursor remains in the same place.

I have not tried removing the battery yet, will this reset the login to default if it has been altered, I cant understand why it should have changed because I did not alter it from default.

Regards

Sean

Hi Sean.

Regards

Sean

before you scrap it.

Start, Run

Type cmd and hit Enter

Type TELNET IP PORT

Where IP is the IP of the DVR, and port is the DVR's port (eg. 37777)

See if that works, at the least it will tell you if the port is open.

firmware updates do not overwrite the passwords, if you have changed the admin password previously try logging in with any network software and your custom password.

Optionally, shut down the DVR and remove the battery for 3 minutes, then replace again and power back up.

See what that does.

I have just removed the the battery and left it out for about 10 mins. reinstalled it and switched on, Tried using the network update tool, same result it wont accept the login details, tried telnet same again login incorrect.

I can confirm that the I have not changed any login details from default settings prior to updating firmware.

I have tried 666666, 888888, admin and user no success with any of them.

Telnet would be just to test the port is open, not to go any further with it, as Dahua dont give us the commands to talk to it.