indboonies

Whats the best way to go

I have a site with 3 Integral DVXI dvr's. 2-32 channel and 1-16 channel. Running 79 Analog cameras.

One of the 32 channels has died and I am trying to figure out the best way to get all 79 cameras on one Monitoring Software.

I want to buy an Exacq 32 channel hybrid dvr to cover the one that is down and that will add growth potential with IP cameras. I just hate to leave the site with two different monitoring software packages.

Is there a solution to bring all 79 cameras up to one monitoring software without having to buy 3 new DVR's? Preferably Exacq as the other sites that are linked to this one use Exac.

Have been given suggestions from several of my vendors but I am looking to see if anyone else out there has had or is in the middle of a similar situation.

Thanks

I know cross platform CMS solutions exist... but I have zero experience with. They're designed for video monitoring companies. I'd imagine the cost to be muy expensivo, and limited on features.

If you've only got one site to worry about integrating, I would imagine it to be cheaper (especially in the long run) to just change out to all Exacq. Not to mention, if one unit failed the others can't be too far behind...

What's the IP to analog cam ratio at the site?

It may be cheaper to run a single hybrid for all analog, then for the IP just buy licenses and slap them on off the shelf desktops. It's been my experience that with turnkey servers you pay a huge premium(2-4x)... albeit Exacqs are badass.

change everything to dahua, then you can monitor all DVR and IP cameras from one software.

haha, he could probably change out every site he has to dahua for cheaper than a single retro to exacq but come on rory... really

Perfect suggestion. " title="Applause" />

bpzle: Full analog site but wired NVT with cat V so that will make converting to IP a breeze.

I am not familiar with Duah. Can ya'll give me the website link? I work for a school district and less money is always a huge concern.

I didn't recommend Dahua... rory did. That stuff is more along the lines of extreme budget residential.

For a school district, you need the big boy toys.

Dahua, its better than brands like Avermedia, even Samsung - they have gear for the big boys too.

They have cheap to expensive units, but they all work great. They have full enterprise software and then some.

Search for QVis, which is rebranded Dahua in the US.

Dahua, its better than brands like Avermedia, even Samsung

yes take a look at the dahua hybrid oooops its not. the aver is and supports 90% of cameras.

out of all hybrid systems Exacq and aver are the best options

Dahua, its better than brands like Avermedia, even Samsung

yes take a look at the dahua hybrid oooops its not. the aver is and supports 90% of cameras.

out of all hybrid systems Exacq and aver are the best options

In my school district we have 15 full IP Exacq systems and 4 Exacq Hybrid Systems. I am trying to stick with the same manufacturer throughout but am having trouble determining the best solution for 1 dead Dvr out of the 3 at one site. May just get a hybrid Exacq and let them have to deal with two monitoring softwares till all cameras are replaced with ip or the other two systems go by the way side!

Thanks for all the advice

Much help

I wouldnt waste money on a hybrid, get all IP or all analogue and keep them separate.

Same software will work for both in most cases.

I wouldnt waste money on a hybrid, get all IP or all analogue and keep them separate.

For that many analog cameras with Exacq, their hybrids are the only way to go. Exacq doesn't sell their capture cards separately and to use that many encoders would cost 10x the cost of the hybrids. Change out to all IP? Well sure that would be nice but he's talking almost a hundred cameras... good luck getting them to budget that kind of cash.

I would definitively stick with Exacq. Imagine the nightmare of trying to train the end users on two different systems... Especially when they are already used to working with Exacq.

For that many analog cameras with Exacq, their hybrids are the only way to go. Exacq doesn't sell their capture cards separately and to use that many encoders would cost 10x the cost of the hybrids. Change out to all IP? Well sure that would be nice but he's talking almost a hundred cameras... good luck getting them to budget that kind of cash.

I would definitively stick with Exacq. Imagine the nightmare of trying to train the end users on two different systems... Especially when they are already used to working with Exacq.

I wouldn't waste money on Exacq to begin with.

Annnndd.... I think spending $300 on a Chinese DVR for an enterprise level solution is a pretty humorous proposal. But to each his own.

Annnndd.... I think spending $300 on a Chinese DVR for an enterprise level solution is a pretty humorous proposal. But to each his own.

spending a mortgage on a US DVR with Chinese components for any solution is a retarded proposal

Rory:

Found a little on Dahua I think. (I may have not found the correct site) They do not look much more than a glorified speco product. Limited to combinations of 24 analog/Ip cameras per system. There may be bigger systems, that's just all I found.

Tomcctv/bpzle.

The Aver system mentioned looks good will keep that one in mind if Exacq falls by the wayside Like their predecessor Integral.

they blow speco off the map.

32 channel DVRs max BTW.

the basic network software can monitor 1000 devices IP or DVR, 121 way multiview

it has enterprise software as well as there are NVR software from 3rd parties that support its DVRs and IP cameras among others.

I would use a separate NVR for recording IP cameras.

Dahua also has a complete SDK so not limited to what the manufacturer sticks you with like so many others. plus support for Linux, Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry, Android, Win Mobile, Symbian. But hey, yes it is not a high end price tag. Good bang for buck though.

So Rory if a customer wanted a hybrid megapixel solution what would you recommend?

None. I would keep it separate.

So Rory if a customer wanted a hybrid megapixel solution what would you recommend?

None. I would keep it separate.

So you would sell the the customer 2 solutions? WHY?

He's probably charging them per VMS - two separate clients = double-charge.

Rory, have you ever sold an ip camera?

Of course not - by the time he pays import duties, taxes, bribes, etc., even a bottom-of-the-barrel ACTI is costing him four figures.

Of course not - by the time he pays import duties, taxes, bribes, etc., even a bottom-of-the-barrel ACTI is costing him four figures.

Soundy start running

U gonna get later today when He wakes up

u being mean

but I agree with you 150 %