indboonies

Whats the best way to go

I did not mean to start such a fuss. This is what I am having to deal with. Not sure I like the idea of 1 dvr to handle analog cameras then purchase an NVR to handle IP. Encoders are hugely expensive I am not comfortable with them.

I would like to thank everybody for their input.

Has given me plenty to think about.

I did not mean to start such a fuss. This is what I am having to deal with. Not sure I like the idea of 1 dvr to handle analog cameras then purchase an NVR to handle IP. Encoders are hugely expensive I am not comfortable with them.

Where are u located ?

if I can ask you

and on serious note go with Avigilon and be happy

Edited by Guest

No need to fear encoders - you set them up the same as you would an IP camera, you just connect your own cameras to them.

I would like to thank everybody for their input.

Has given me plenty to think about.

Encoders are cheap and work very well

Not for that many cameras and Exacq. With Exacq you pay per camera, even on multchannel encoders. Add license cost on top of the encoder cost, it doesn't make sense.

Not to mention that's a ton of extra equipment....

Go with Exacq hybrid.

Not true. There's only like 1 or 2 4ch encoders Exacq honors 1 license for 4 ch. Most encoders they support eat up a license per ch. Have things changed since a couple months ago, last time I quoted Exacq?

Are you recommeding he use 20 encoders? Why?

Know that the Axis 4 port encoders only require once license except the Q7404.

Yes I would recommend 20 encoders but I would not use Exacq or Axis.

Encoders give you more flexibility for system design.

Question about encoders?

If I put an encoder in place and over time replace analog cameras with ip will that not render the encoder obsolete once I have all analog cameras replaced?

This is where my knowledge of encoders is limited.

Thanks

Where are u located ?

if I can ask you

and on serious note go with Avigilon and be happy

I am in North MS. Have only been shown high end IP cameras from Avigilon. Not sure of the rest of their product line.

Question about encoders?

If I put an encoder in place and over time replace analog cameras with ip will that not render the encoder obsolete once I have all analog cameras replaced?

This is where my knowledge of encoders is limited.

Thanks

You are correct the encoder will not be needed once all cameras are replaced with IP cameras.

Annnndd.... I think spending $300 on a Chinese DVR for an enterprise level solution is a pretty humorous proposal. But to each his own.

I agree.

Rory, have you ever sold an ip camera?

I don't sell cameras period (clients buy everything direct), but I have used many.

I agreewith rory dahua is big boy ithis field but 32Ch is weekness for allocation the video source to 4Ch in D1 the rest of is in CIF. I am sure all of you acknowledge it does weird.

Buy the way another solution is you could consider takes Matrix Box to out put all video to onw monito even TV wall.

I stand corrected on the encoders...

Axis blade encoders and rack are actually cheaper than Exacq hybrid boxes... and hot swapable! ooooo....

I agreewith rory dahua is big boy ithis field but 32Ch is weekness for allocation the video source to 4Ch in D1 the rest of is in CIF. I am sure all of you acknowledge it does weird.

Actually all 32 channels are in D1, 7fps record.

I stand corrected on the encoders...

Axis blade encoders and rack are actually cheaper than Exacq hybrid boxes... and hot swapable! ooooo....

They work very well too. You can use a bunch of Axis 241Q blades to migrate analog to IP cheaply and effectively.