troy6363

My first CCTV installation at a local church

This is my first job at a local church. They have been having problems with attempted break-ins. I did a 4 camera setup with a dvr for remote viewing. Im almost done, I just have to install the monitor and configure the dvr. Here are the pics. Any tips or suggestions?

Not bad... those prominent housings will be a very visible deterrent.

Unfortunately, those look low enough that somebody could rip them down. I might have gone for lower-profile domes in those locations, just for vandal-resistance.

Yea I was thinking about that. I hope they're not that bold but if they have anymore problems that will definitely be an option

what brand housings are those.

Those are ultrak housings and costar cameras compliments of Nelly's Surplus. Thanks Sean!!!

I noticed that one camera was right next to a mercury vapor light fixture. Is that going to cause a glare into the camera at night?

I haven't gotten the monitor to adjust the cameras and to check the fov yet. I'm hoping I can aim it past the light to eliminate any glare. The pastor did mention possibly moving the light fixture also. I should be able to complete everything next week

Nice, neat clean and tidy. Just what clients want. You will go far with that attitude.

I notice that your camera installations are all very tidy, well dome.

Have you thought of adding warning signs now to make the whole thing very visible

as surely the idea is to deter rather than capture, but capture evidence as a last resort?

BIG A3 size or CCTV warning notices work wonders, most thieves simply go for easier pickings.

One thing I notice is that your DVR is not protected? You should consider getting a steel enclosure for it

so that the unit cannot be removed or damaged

174118_1.jpg174118_2.jpg

Thanks. I did find some cctv signs and stickers on ebay and ordered them. The dvr lock box is a must. Where could I find one thats not too expensive?