rory

What Would You Say to This Guy? (Blah blah blah part 2)

lots of people in that thread are questioning why the security industry is so far behind with outdated crappy analog cameras.

hrm...

a crappy overpriced ip camera is outdated the same week you buy it, technology changes every day ...

hmm

lots of people in that thread are questioning why the security industry is so far behind with outdated crappy analog cameras.

hrm...

a crappy overpriced ip camera is outdated the same week you buy it, technology changes every day ...

hmm

sorry rory i have to say no to that one.......... unlike analog you can update ip via firmware or software you get what you get with analog

sorry rory i have to say no to that one.......... unlike analog you can update ip via firmware or software you get what you get with analog

So you are saying you cant update the firmware on a DVR .. i can show you how if you like.

actually the analog camera has a firmware too, since it is actually digital, so it can be updated.

So you are saying you cant update the firmware on a DVR .. i can show you how if you like.

rory you said IP camera. its ok i know how to update a dvr.....

but just leave you with this note updating a dvr still does nothing for updating a analog camera. take it out of the box screw it up thats it

rory you said IP camera. its ok i know how to update a dvr.....

but just leave you with this note updating a dvr still does nothing for updating a analog camera. take it out of the box screw it up thats it

actually the "analog" camera has a firmware too, since it is actually digital, so it COULD be updated.

rory you said IP camera.

sure ok find a worthwhile firmware update for a crappy IP camera LOL

you missed the point though, technology changes every day, so that IP camera, firmware or not, could be outdated the next day. With "analog" camera, as long as there is something with BNC connectors, its going nowhere, and it has proven that for a number of decades now

rory you said IP camera.

you missed the point though, technology changes every day, so that IP camera, firmware or not, could be outdated the next day. With "analog" camera, as long as there is something with BNC connectors, its going nowhere, and it has proven that for a number of decades now

rory you are right technology does change everyday. and you like 1000s of other engineers have moved with that technology.

1 example i hope you dont sell to your customers a full good D1 dvr and then install 320tvl cameras.

you have moved with technology just by going low tvl to your 520 CMBs now we just need you to catch up and go MP ...... it wont hurt you ....... it doesent hurt at all honest you wont feel a thing

rory you said IP camera.

rory you are right technology does change everyday. and you like 1000s of other engineers have moved with that technology.

1 example i hope you dont sell to your customers a full good D1 dvr and then install 320tvl cameras.

you have moved with technology just by going low tvl to your 520 CMBs now we just need you to catch up and go MP ...... it wont hurt you ....... it doesent hurt at all honest you wont feel a thing

I dont sell cameras, but when MP catches up with "analog" then I just might

BTW why do you clowns have to get personal? I never mentioned you or your business.

2 can play that game, how you like it if I said any dummy can install the cameras you install??

actually the analog camera has a firmware too, since it is actually digital, so it can be updated.

I would love for you to show us how to upgrade the firmware in your $40 KT&C bullet cameras

I would love for you to show use how to upgrade the firmware in your $40 KT&C bullet cameras

Tweezers and a soldering iron...

I would love for you to show us how to upgrade the firmware in your $40 KT&C bullet cameras

All the digital so called "analog" cameras have the ABILITY to be updated or more precisely reprogrammed, doesnt mean the manufacturer automatically gives you that option - if one pays them enough they will. There are specific OEM brands that sell that as an option.

But if dealing with a $40 camera (or free in my case) its cheaper to just buy (or acquire) another camera that does what you want it to. ...

All the digital so called "analog" cameras have the ABILITY to be updated or more precisely reprogrammed, doesnt mean the manufacturer automatically gives you that option - if one pays them enough they will. There are specific OEM brands that sell that as an option.

But if dealing with a $40 camera (or free in my case) its cheaper to just buy (or acquire) another camera that does what you want it to. ...

Can you program it to give me 1080P video

No.

just because technology is outdated it does not make it useless.

if you install a decent IP (or even analogue) system that can recognise faces and other useful features then who cares if there are new cameras with another 5 MPs on the market? as long as the system WORKS it is fine. it is not like it is a computer that will get slow and sluggish after three years.

just because technology is outdated it does not make it useless.

if you install a decent IP (or even analogue) system that can recognise faces and other useful features then who cares if there are new cameras with another 5 MPs on the market? as long as the system WORKS it is fine. it is not like it is a computer that will get slow and sluggish after three years.

$15K megapixel camera or nothing

Can you program the 1080P camera to see more in low light??

Can you program the 1080P camera to see more in low light??

Yes I can

How? And I dont mean slowing down the video