Sign in to follow this  
rory

Price of Gas

apparently canada has been using propane for years, even with Ford V8's, they are built in Canada though ..

why would anyone want to be president .. they have to be mad to start with ..

clinton was funny though .. he still runs tings

still we arent as bad in price as the Uk yet, they are like $8-10 a gallon ..

our gov was supposed to be working out a deal with the venezualan government for cheaper fuel, bypassing the big boys like Esso, Shell and Texaco. Course they promise alot of things ... never see it happen ..

jasper? what, does every president lie to the people about WMD to go to war to ensure his re-elction [no president has ever lost re-elction during a war] Do they give billons of dollars worth of contracts [nonbid] to companys that used to be run buy the current vice-president ? he's a joke and a sorry statement about the voting process of america. but what did he not also cheat on that one too when he got the state of florida to help him beat gore?? he is unbelievable everything about his administration seems soiled.

JR for President !! He would've pulled things right and Bush would've woken up in the shower, not choked on a pretezel

We've also got the see-sawing petrol price. It must be remembered that South Africa pioneered its own petrol from coal process during the 1970's when sanctions prohibited our oil imports. This went hugely great for the economy until the early 90's when things came right (politically) down here. Now all the refined and local fuel costs the same !!! We get a new price every other week. Our government uses a costing forumula that makes Einstein look stupid, and cannot find anyone clever enough to explain it to Joe Public

Hey Blowrabbit, Your pretty close to Canada..You should just move up there . Thats exactly why we went to war.. so Bush could get re-elected.

Blow-Rabbit,

No, not every president lies about Weapons of Mass Destruction, they haven’t had the opportunity.

Every president tells a lot of lies. It comes with the job description. You really don’t expect the truth from any politician do you?

Bush was going to be re-elected anyway. He was the lesser of the evils. John Kerry is an idiot. “Well I voted for the 80 billion dollars before I voted against it.â€

jasper? what, does every president lie to the people about WMD to go to war to ensure his re-elction [no president has ever lost re-elction during a war]

I guess President Clinton lied about WMD's too? Odd though, He was already in his second term...

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." -- Bill Clinton in 1998

1998 is when Clinton signed the Iraqi Liberation Bill making it US policy to support regime change in Iraq.

Do they give billons of dollars worth of contracts [nonbid] to companys that used to be run buy the current vice-president ?

Yep. Again, Clinton gave billions in nobid contracts to Halliburton for Camp Steelbond in Kosovo. Am I surprised? No. I mean, how many companies are there that do what Halliburton does? I want the company that can best supply logistical support for our Troops.

I'm not a Clinton basher, and Bush has policies I don't support. I am just pointing out that contrary to what you have been hearing... It isn't all bush's fault.

You can go back even further when looking at terrorism. Afganistan was exactly what the current admisitation wants to see in the middle east. A good enconomy, progressive society, voting, etc. This is of course prior to the Soviet invasion. What if Regan had gone in and spent massive amounts of aid? What if he had leaned on Pakastan to not get involved? (They helped create the chaos that let the Taliban fill the void.)

Yea back to the subject of this thread.

Gas went down again today_ $2.25

Glad I dont live in Ft. Lauderdale anymore.

If it gets below 2.00 that would be great.

I think the days of 1.29 are over, but I hope not.

Your cheaper than CA, we have gas tax on top of our prices though, which makes quite a diference.

How far can you drive in each direction before you hit water?

I guess it doesn't matter that much if your stuck idling in traffic though.

$20 a day in the jeep, $10 a day in the car, so im back in the car mostly ..

anyway, Texaco just dropped their price right down from $4.95 to $3.80 today !!

So guess after Esso and Shell notice they are loosing business, they will HAVE to drop it also

Talk about a big drop in price.

Congratulations that will take the strain off the old pocket book.

I wish that would happen here.

Drops in price like that never happen here.

I believe there is price fixing going on between the companies here.

still ... its still $3.82, used to be $3.20 ...

thats $15 a day now .. Arghhh

Thing is .... only gas station open after 8pm is Esso .. Texaco is closed already and I need gas darnit. ...