rory

A joke or they think people really are ..

.. that stupid??

Hmmm, 10 years late but anywayz ...

http://www.geeksquad.com/main.asp

a real geek gets 2 hours a night sleep if he's lucky,

and they cant even afford to hire a real geek ..

Plus, who needs a date, uz geeks dem looking for one night stands so we'z can move on ..

Ha, I had to show the local "GEEKS" how to properly find a driver for a older linksys PCI network card for a PC that was running Win98. It's a joke, you should see the commercials.

It's a niche. Wish I thought of it. Business is booming for those "geeks". They drive volkswagon bugs with their logo splatted all over it.

Do they all really drive around in those VW's for house calls? Or are they sub'ing out most of their calls to local techs?

One of my biggest clients works like that... They hold the National service contracts for places like WalMart, Right Aid, Kmart, Auto Zone, Block Buster, and so on. They get the call from the Corporate HQ of those companies then dispatch us lowly bottom feeders to actually perform the repairs/projects.

I think it's just a gimmick that Best Buy has been using to hype their stock. The storyt goes that Best Buy can sell better than its competitors because they offer on-site tech support.

Do you really think that a bunch of kids being paid minimun wage are going to be able to configure a router, or trouble shoot computer problems, and do it consistantly?

Ha!