Birdman Adam

My Home Setup - Qvis Zeus 8

ok it's official...the idmss app sucks.

For now, I will be sticking with the tvt based dvr's and using the supercam app, which works much better...

With idmss, I dont see why they cant make it so you dont have to open each camera individually for starters, and then if you change views or close the app you have to start over and do it again....

I wonder why an app that works for one dvr wont work with another....more specifically why won't the supercam app work with the qvis?

Nice thread Adam, thanks. It's always interesting to see what other people have at home and their thoughts and approaches. I really like the two cameras under the eaves. They look just like they BELONG there and not out of place.

ok it's official...the idmss app sucks.

For now, I will be sticking with the tvt based dvr's and using the supercam app, which works much better...

With idmss, I dont see why they cant make it so you dont have to open each camera individually for starters, and then if you change views or close the app you have to start over and do it again....

I wonder why an app that works for one dvr wont work with another....more specifically why won't the supercam app work with the qvis?

I might have missed this, but did you also try DMSS? With this version you just press play and and it just connects to the camera, 1 at a time though. But at least you don't have to add them all in again and again.

Edit: I meant to say that you get to see 1 camera at a time.

thanks, but i like the multi cam view...it's ridiculous that they have 2 apps but neither is good...maybe if they combine them they will get it right...i'm gonna have to stick with supercam...

Was just checking in for the day and some how I got interested in this Qvis.

I am on my 3rd dvr, which all have been fine but even the one I have now is not a D1 unit. The prices of these has me interested, and the fact I can use Android.

Anyone able to use Firefox with one of these? I currently can with my Aposonic which has to load a activex file, but I am a FF user only.

Thanks

Hi Rory,

I wonder if that is the same thing I am using now.

The plugin is called HOEM Activex plugin 1.2.0.0 and it came from a file that is downloaded from my Aposonic. The file is SetupActiveX.exe

Have you actually tried firefox and if you have what version of firefox did you use?

I have found out this plugin I have will not work past FF version 3.6.25

You can use IE Tabs for Chrome or Firefox, that will allow those browsers to go into IE mode and use ActiveX.

I am using IE Tab 2; version 3.10.7.2 in Firefox 9.0.1 for my Qvis Zeus and all works well for getting the DVR over the network

Used it in chrome before no issues.

Just testing it in Firefox 8 and it works using the newer IE tabs+, need to first install the activeX either using the Dahua ActiveX Installer download on my site, or manually in IE. Also have to setup IE's options for activeX and set to prompt anything that is disabled, specifically prompt to "download unsigned activex controls".

I am using IE Tab 2; version 3.10.7.2 in Firefox 9.0.1 for my Qvis Zeus and all works well for getting the DVR over the network

What firmware is on your DVR? Dahua says IE9 needs the activeX from 2.608?

I dont have IE9 to confirm this and want to update my webpage about this.

Thanks.

Thanks.

My DVR version is 2.606.0024.0. Build is April 7, 2011

Thanks.

My DVR version is 2.606.0024.0. Build is April 7, 2011

Then Im wondering what are all the complaints about webrec not working in IE9?

And Dahua tech keeps telling them it doesnt work and have to wait for new firmware.

Maybe they mean the older 2.600 instead, but they dont make that clear.

I wondered that too. I thought that for the longest time until Qvis told me all I have to do is put it on compatibility view and it takes care of it.

Hey Birdman, what are you using for the Handycam wireless link? I want to add a camera in a spot in the house that is difficult to get a cable too.

Thanks,

Jason

Well, here is an example. Its not exactly what I bought but you get the idea. Basically, cheap chinese 1.2GHz Tx/Rx pair, with multiple channels:

183414_1.jpg

Google something like "1.2Ghz Wireless 1.5W 8CH Transmitter/Receiver Kit" and you'll get some ideas. I can't even remember really where I got it. Also, this is completely out-in-the-open for others to receive, so do not point cameras at high-security locations. Often I can take my 1.2GHz and 2.4GHz tuners and just sweep around in urban areas and view tons of cameras.