Zohan

Anyone use this q-see camera....

I doubt many here buy from Amazon, they dont have that great a selection OR pricing when it comes to CCTV, gear is normally much more than from other retailers such as 123.

thanks rory... i only posted the amazon link because it had a lot of info.... I can actually buy direct from q-see as a dealer.....i never used one of those so i was looking for input....

i might buy 1 to check it out

If I wanted 100'+ of IR I would be looking at a bullet camera.

Try a brand like KT&C for example, QC is know for being bottom of the barrel.

The amazon info says two different specs about the IR count. Is it 36 or 42 IR lamps? It may be fine, but that's a lot of money for a fairly run of the mill consumer camera and specs. Check out the cameras I use- the 700 tvl line is very reasonable. The other PIA thing about qsee is that you almost never can get hold of them, be it on the phone or webchat help. If the camera should be faulty, be prepared to wait upwards of a month for an RMA number for return. And that just to get the camera returned. The turn around on their product is much too long and support availability is lacking, ime. For that alone, and a seemingly over priced camera, I'd look for something else. Good luck.

The amazon info says two different specs about the IR count. Is it 36 or 42 IR lamps? It may be fine, but that's a lot of money for a fairly run of the mill consumer camera and specs. Check out the cameras I use- the 700 tvl line is very reasonable. The other PIA thing about qsee is that you almost never can get hold of them, be it on the phone or webchat help. If the camera should be faulty, be prepared to wait upwards of a month for an RMA number for return. And that just to get the camera returned. The turn around on their product is much too long and support availability is lacking, ime. For that alone, and a seemingly over priced camera, I'd look for something else. Good luck.

Thanks....

I get dealer price on that cam, but i guess i wont post here...i have called 2 or 3 times and always got someone on the phone...although they weren't much help...lol

Also, you didnt say what cams you use...but 700 tvl is way over what can be displayed anyway, correct?

600 tvl or even 550 is sufficient for analog....?

thx

Also, you didnt say what cams you use...but 700 tvl is way over what can be displayed anyway, correct?

thx

difference is that 700TVL will have the latest chip (as long as its the Sony Effio 700TVL, some claim 700TVL when they are still the same pixel count), latest features, or at the very least you know its not a refurb BTW 700TVL is generally the same price as 600TVL now. And when the 960H DVRs become more readily available in our neck of the woods, and cheaper, then could always make use of the full 960 pixels then.

Thanks....

I get dealer price on that cam, but i guess i wont post here...i have called 2 or 3 times and always got someone on the phone...although they weren't much help...lol

thx

I get my cams from gadspot. I don't like to seem like I'm pushing the place too much, so I usually figure people will watch my signature link vids and find out if they want. I only mention their 700 tvl line because at the moment it's the best spec cams they have. Plenty to choose from there though. Good luck.

One thing i noticed about the Gadspot 700 line is yes they all have the new Effio chip,but none of the cameras have ICR, but they do have WDR.Did they think it's not needed with the new chip?

Looks to be a day/night setting that is either auto or a menu choice- auto/color/BW in all the ones I checked. I believe auto is the setting you'd want for TDN/ICR behavior. I could be wrong but I think that's it.

One thing i noticed about the Gadspot 700 line is yes they all have the new Effio chip,but none of the cameras have ICR, but they do have WDR.Did they think it's not needed with the new chip?

fake WDR, not true WDR.

To keep the price down by about $50-100 less, some OEMs will buy cameras without TDN.

Therefore its just a digital day night, or Color IR.

So in fact one of their lesser cams with actual ICR removable filter is better than a day/night setting in the menu of one of their more expensive cams?

Huh- cool. Thanks for that.

it all depends on the application though ..

if its just a 10x10 office then a color IR, at 1/10th the cost ...

could likely be a better choice

if its a narrow back area of a building where exact colors dont matter and its pitch dark ..

a color IR with a ton of IR and varifocal lens, at 1/3rd the cost ....

could be a better choice

The thing for me is though, true TDN compared to a digital menu item for day/night settings. In auto, where I suppose the camera goes from color to BW at night, is there is huge difference between TDN or digital auto day/night setting. And where would the biggest difference be- at night in BW or during the day in color, where the absence of TDN could distort good accuracy. I guess there's no way to tell except to see for myself with the cameras in question. But I'm not looking for beautiful still images. I'm looking for accurate color and BW at night so as to deliver really good ID shots. If digital day/night isn't as good as TDN but not by an appreciable difference, it would mean the difference of a better chip and larger varifocal selection in cameras. Long and short, if it's not a huge diff, I'd go for the better camera overall. Right thinking?

Edited by Guest

Most TDN's will still switch from Color to B/W at night. The difference with a TDN is you get more true colors during the day because it is blocking out the IR. Its during the day time where a TDN comes in handy

I guess it's all about the camera in question too. I have a number of bullets that don't have TDN and yet the color is perfectly fine on everything during the day, and even great at night when motion lights come on. My original qsee bullets without TDN however were mostly terrible for accurate color- most all greenery was completely off. But I'm really falling on the side of TDN regardless. Thanks for the slight sidetrack in this thread.