PaulsonLaw

Can you mount DVR sideways as long as the fans blow up?

Fan will not matter as long as it is able to either bring in air or exhaust it out to keep the unit cool. Just make sure the hard drive is securely mounted within the unit.

Any harm in the long run to the HD?

In this app I think it will be MUCH easier to set-up... Thanks in advance!

Mounted them like this a few times, no issues.

Also have computers sideways or flat or whatever, no harm.

Fan will not matter as long as it is able to either bring in air or exhaust it out to keep the unit cool. Just make sure the hard drive is securely mounted within the unit.

Not to argue of course..

My Network instructor last fall is the network head for 1/2 state sized bank. He told us to always mount w/ fans blowing up if mounting anything sideways. Having the heat naturally rise increases the fans effectiveness 10% higher where the other, fans pulling the heat down, adds up to 10% loss....

Makes sense the way he explained it..

so long as you dont block vents or fan then you will have no problems

but for $10 and you are using a DVR an extra fan is always a good idea have 1 pulling in and 1 pulling out.

the little dahua dvrs dont even have fans .. no problems so far even in the extremely long summer we had here (we dont have fall), my apartment alone was sweltering for months on end and the DVR lasted .. and hard drive lasted. I got another in a clapboard building in the ghetto with no fan or anything and they keep the windows closed most the time .. lasted no issues .. surprisingly really as recommended against it due to the HDD likely to die from all that heat and no air.

The 32 channel has a fan, I have 2 mounted at 2 different locations on the wall with the fan blowing up, but thats just how it worked out.

The zmodo has intake fans side by side, 16ch btw.

It's in the basement of the structure and always cool, so no problems there. Was asking mainly for the harddrive....

Thanks for the replies!

The zmodo has intake fans side by side, 16ch btw.

It's in the basement of the structure and always cool, so no problems there. Was asking mainly for the harddrive....

Thanks for the replies!

Do you buy your Zmodo DVRs from Zmodo in Shenzen?