PaulsonLaw

So, advice on siren/strobe for CCTV system??? Ideas???

SO here is what I have coming for testing the alarm set-up on the dvr, it will be mounted at the DVR location, 2miles deep into the earths crust gru-ha-ha.....

Just asking for any advice on the set-up or the units for a dvr...

My end goal is when the motion alarm picks up on certain cams, an outside siren/strobe comes on for a moment to scare the crap out of trespasser & alert the compound, lol, the farm, to an intruder....

I had an extra factory power/video cord & used it for the power/signal line outside to the unit, just dont have an outside unit yet....

ux_a08050200ux0037_ux_c.jpg.1b13c2d506b3a2aff0123d8214828f9e.jpg

SO here is what I have coming for testing the alarm set-up on the dvr,

Hi. 9 times out of 10 you cant just connect a siren to the output. i know you see it in pictures of dvrs.

but you dont have power at the alarm output. so you will have to buy or make something for that.

Hi. 9 times out of 10 you cant just connect a siren to the output. i know you see it in pictures of dvrs.

but you dont have power at the alarm output. so you will have to buy or make something for that.

Depends on the unit, if it's a 2 wire powered or a 4 wire powered/triggered. I plan to make a relay all the same for any 2wire, my dvr has open or closed alarm, not powered, which i prefer.....

Got cant decide/find the right unit

Depends on the unit, if it's a 2 wire powered or a 4 wire powered/triggered. I plan to make a relay all the same for any 2wire, my dvr has open or closed alarm, not powered, which i prefer.....

Got cant decide/find the right unit

Just asking for any advice on the set-up or the units for a dvr...

you can use a relay if you want. but there is no need and you would only use 1 wire for your siren. dvr has dry rated contacts. so you just need the neutral pass for your contact

My end goal is when the motion alarm picks up on certain cams, an outside siren/strobe comes on for a moment to scare the crap out of trespasser & alert the compound, lol, the farm, to an intruder....

What is sensing the motion? You could be in for a lot of siren and sleepless nights if just the dvr is sensing the motion in outdoor situations.

Well, was planning on the cams doing the motion for me...

True even now the "M" shows up often but I have not adjusted any settings & only on certain cams...

i use fire alarm sounders.

most fire alarm sounders are IP65 and have a range of tones selectable via DIP switch.

some have strobes too.

google 'roshni' or 'flashni'

GAikwqqxEAk

cxJkreV8NyA

ckzyLFKyR_8

ZmqcZG2eJE4

Fire sirens!

Very nice idea!!!!

Will use!

Thanks!

*** PIR ??? ***

are you in the UK? i know american fire alarms are not like the UK ones. i have tonnes so can ship you one or two if you are not in the uk... not sure if postage cost would make it worth it though.

just make sure you don't use a fire tone!!

pirs... any outdoor one should do. i have used one for a floodlight on one of my cameras. the PIR activates an input on the DVR which makes that camera record as 'activity' rather than 'normal' (very useful for reviewing 43 days of footage!) and also turns on a floodlight at night.

redwall PIRs seem to be quite popular in professional installs. they pop up on ebay every so often

WHOA WHOA WHOA.....

It just occured to me, some of you are talking about making a motion sensor activate the recording???

Correct???

My Zmodo already has motion recording built in w/ the cams. The Zmodo also has an "Alarm Out".

I am hooking strobes & sirens to the "motion alarm/connection loss" alarm out, to a relay.

So when cams I select at the selected time detect motion, the DVR will set off the sirens/stobes for an allotted amount of time.

Perhaps not all DVR's have this option....

So when cams I select at the selected time detect motion, the DVR will set off the sirens/stobes for an allotted amount of time.

you lost me at this point...

Ok....

I will set cams to motion alert....

Then set time frame for said cams motion alarm....

During set hours, " nighttime" when the cams detect motion, it will trigger the alarm out port on the DVR...

with proper relay in place, the alarm out port will close the loop, activating the relay. This inturn closes the loop to whatever I have hooked up< the sirens & stobes.

I can also set the alarm to sound for 5 seconds, pause for 10 seconds, then repeat for 1 to 10 minutes....

SO....

In the end, say it's 3am & someone walks behind the cabin, the DVR's alarm will trip sound the sirens & light up the stobes like WWIII. This will happen for 5 seconds, everything goes dead quiet for 10 seconds, then all hell again for 1 minute.

Now if that doesn't wake us up along w/ the whole hill & scare the ever living crap outta the perp, then....

LMFAO @ just the idea! I can't wait!

I am not sure as to all DVR's, but mine has motion senstivity levels & when you set the motion, you can grid the screen, 20x20 squares, & select which areas you wish to scan for motion & which not. This way we dont give a stray cat a heart-attack lol

Of course recording is always on, full screen 24/7 no matter what I set.....

hi. the only time you need a relay is if you are switching more than what the internal contactor is rated for. so if your using 12v siren then you dont need one.

yes most dvrs have this option. but as you see with your zmodo it only has 1 alarm output. it has 4 inputs but only 1 output.

so if you are thinking of using the cameras for the alarm i can guarantee you will have switched it off within a few hours if your cameras are not in a total alarm free area.

this is why OPs are saying to use sensors to triger your alarms

Ok....

I will set cams to motion alert....

Then set time frame for said cams motion alarm....

During set hours, " nighttime" when the cams detect motion, it will trigger the alarm out port on the DVR...

with proper relay in place, the alarm out port will close the loop, activating the relay. This inturn closes the loop to whatever I have hooked up< the sirens & stobes.

I can also set the alarm to sound for 5 seconds, pause for 10 seconds, then repeat for 1 to 10 minutes....

SO....

In the end, say it's 3am & someone walks behind the cabin, the DVR's alarm will trip sound the sirens & light up the stobes like WWIII. This will happen for 5 seconds, everything goes dead quiet for 10 seconds, then all hell again for 1 minute.

Now if that doesn't wake us up along w/ the whole hill & scare the ever living crap outta the perp, then....

LMFAO @ just the idea! I can't wait!

I am not sure as to all DVR's, but mine has motion senstivity levels & when you set the motion, you can grid the screen, 20x20 squares, & select which areas you wish to scan for motion & which not. This way we dont give a stray cat a heart-attack lol

Of course recording is always on, full screen 24/7 no matter what I set.....

i see... sounds like an almost identical setup to mine! but i would use a PIR rather than camera detection if i were you... you can never get it right... you either get it to catch every person AND clouds and birds or most people with a few who slip through the net.

hi. the only time you need a relay is if you are switching more than what the internal contactor is rated for. so if your using 12v siren then you dont need one.

yes most dvrs have this option. but as you see with your zmodo it only has 1 alarm output. it has 4 inputs but only 1 output.

so if you are thinking of using the cameras for the alarm i can guarantee you will have switched it off within a few hours if your cameras are not in a total alarm free area.

this is why OPs are saying to use sensors to triger your alarms

Now I get it, thanks for that!

But I am only setting the alarm on certain cameras, and those selected camera will be grid selected so that it only triggers the alarm for the exact spots I choose. I do not wish different sirens for different cams, one alarm set-up for the selected cams is fine.

As for the relay, I feel it's safer for the DVR. I am going to have 5 to 7 small strobes & 3 120-160db sirens, plus a strobe/switch for testing put at the main monitor screen....

i see... sounds like an almost identical setup to mine! but i would use a PIR rather than camera detection if i were you... you can never get it right... you either get it to catch every person AND clouds and birds or most people with a few who slip through the net.

Will consider, forgot to re-pm, doing now...

I like this idea, was just about to purchase 2 motion detectors to throw onto a test setup I am running with a cheap 4 channel DVR, now I think I will throw a siren and some strobes onto my order as well.

I would be curious to see the 'relay' when you are done as I think what I am picturing is vastly different from what you will have.

Will post pics if this test siren/strobe I ordered 3weks ago I think ever get here ????

The SS Crydom relay is only for protection to the dvr, cause ya never know....

Plus, I have "century" units, they are a 12v/1ma sharpie marker sized unit that fires off a 12g blank round.

So I plan to use siren/strobe, but want the option to hook one of these up LOL

I'm quite sure siren/strobes will scare the living out of a perp & wake up the hill, but a blank shotgun blast added to it might give it that special sound I'm looking for. I may put it on a delay so it fires 5 seconds after the S/S so as the perp is running away at top speed he thinks he is being fired on....

GRU HA HA!

Will post pics, but might be a week out....

SOB!!!!

The cheapo $10 siren/strobe came in from china fraking broke! The strobe worked for a minute until the main capacitor fried itself!

Will PM you on the good UK ones!