shockwave199

OSD question

Is a cameras menu display able to be tweaked while viewing it's channel in the drv- with the dvr's mouse to adjust the settings? Or must a separate screen hooked up right to the camera always be used?

in all that i know of the osd is displayed on the video out so you could see it from the dvr. most also have RS-485 so you can use your ptz controller to control the OSD

Most cameras you have to go to the camera to adjust the settings, although some cameras have RS-485 connections (AKA PTZ Hook-Ups) that allow you to configure the settings remotely. I think most of your cameras require it to be done right at the camera.

Guess I'm a bit exhausted. I figure the settings must be tweaked on the camera while viewing with whatever.

Ahh ha! Your in luck if your referring to the Effio-e cameras with an OSD. I picked up a couple of these off of ebay to play with. I have 3 cams with the controller built in at the camera and I just tied into the controller at the camera and ran 2 additional wires from each cable inside to my monitor and tied in one of these boxes to each cam. And now I can use this little box to go through the settings sitting inside on my couch Just a suggestion and it worked for me. They come with a remote control.

1583264843_wirelessptzcontroller_3.jpg.76c4cb6fa6d683f1c26ef0cae34c0118.jpg

I just tied into the controller at the camera and ran 2 additional wires from each cable inside to my monitor and tied in one of these boxes to each cam.

you could make money if you take two off and resell them ...... 1 control will control over 100 cameras. no need for 1 on each.

but for anything to work your camera has to have rs485 control. some cameras will do coax control for osd

I just tied into the controller at the camera and ran 2 additional wires from each cable inside to my monitor and tied in one of these boxes to each cam.

you could make money if you take two off and resell them ...... 1 control will control over 100 cameras. no need for 1 on each.

but for anything to work your camera has to have rs485 control. some cameras will do coax control for osd

That never occurred to me! I seem to have a problem over engineering everything I do and making it more complicated than it has to be.