Zohan

Aver hybrid dvr question

manual says first few ports will take up to 1.3 mp camera, last one will take 2.3mp, or something like that....

question is what happens if i connect a 2mp cam to the port they say is for 1.3mp?

I think the USA Nano is Max 2.3 MP on channel 1 and it has to be MJPEG if you want 2.3MP. All other channels are 1.3MP regardless of Codec

hi. all the nanos are in total 10mp 4/8/16 but its best to run under the max all nano eh are 5mp on channel 1 ....... 2.3 is the max for cannel 2-3-4.

i.e channel 1, 5mp so 2-3-4 are 1.3 in total

channel 1, 3mp so channel 2 can be 2.3 and 3-4 are 1.3

Hi Tom,

I think the USA version is different than the UK: http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download/products/EH1004HDataSheet.pdf "Up to 2MP in MJPEG"

We have some here and it will only allow 1.3mp for h.264 on all channels but on channel 1 is the only channel which you can raise your resolution to 2.3 mp and it has to be MJPEG. I have a few 3MP cameras and the Nano wont pick up anything after 2MP when I increase the resolution, the connection gets lost. I really wish it would allow up to 5MP though for the lower MP cameras its a great little recorder. I think they use totally different boards for the USA than the UK.

Hi Tom,

I think the USA version is different than the UK: http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download/products/EH1004HDataSheet.pdf "Up to 2MP in MJPEG"

We have some here and it will only allow 1.3mp for h.264 on all channels but on channel 1 is the only channel which you can raise your resolution to 2.3 mp and it has to be MJPEG. I have a few 3MP cameras and the Nano wont pick up anything after 2MP when I increase the resolution, the connection gets lost. I really wish it would allow up to 5MP though for the lower MP cameras its a great little recorder. I think they use totally different boards for the USA than the UK.

i think aver usa are slow on the firmware and the relese notes. when the aver nano first came out it was just 2.3 but within a week it had to change being new it had some problems march 2011 a new software was relest to fix and its now the same as all the new eh .... 16th of december 2011 another firmware came out and all aver outlet should have reset all existing nanos before they sold. all nanos 4-8-16 are all the same uk/usa/fr/es/tw.

all nanos should be on 7.5.0.145a software. the download is on the USA website.

this is the new spec with what was fixed.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?rls=com.microsoft%3A*%3AIE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&q=cache:bx8JtUIYqlMJ:http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/download/EHseries/EH1000H/EH1000H_Nano_Series_H8.03.02.00.10_Release_Notes.pdf+EH1000H-4+Nano+series+H8.03.02.00.10+Release+Note&ct=clnk

Oh Wow, this is good news, I was not even aware. Can they support 5 MP on H.264 or does it have to be MJPEG? I will update my Aver when I get back to the office and see what I can get to happen. Is this increase in Megapixel resolution support fixed by simple firmware upgrade?

It appears it will support that resolution in all 3 codec formats, correct me if I am wrong time. Wow, this was my only gripe about this system, I am glad that they allow higher resolution now. Guess I need to stay up to date on this stuff more. I got a bunch of these setting on the shelf, I guess its time that we start learning these and making a guide page on them too. Ive said it before, I'll say it again. You Da Man Tom!

hi. yes just a update will sort it. also (aver usa) dont tell you is if you open ports when port forwarding if you open 56 and 1056 it will update everytime there is one.

Sean if you send me your logo i will remove all aver and install yours (with software for all avers)

just sayin'

i spoke with mark at aver 2 days ago and he said will only support up to 1.3mp on the 3 channels if you put a 2mp cam on those channels you have to 'dial down the resolution'

Is that even possible on ip cams, can you change res.?

i spoke with mark at aver 2 days ago and he said will only support up to 1.3mp on the 3 channels

yes thats right channel 1 upto 5mp channel 2-3-4 upto 1.3mp ...... max in total is 8mp but you can push to 10.