Sign in to follow this  
myplace46

Ganz IP cams

Hey guys,

I got a couple of Ganz IP cams (a 3mgp and a 5mgp)

I downloaded the NVR software from there web site and installed it.

Hooked up one of the cams via the cat5 cable to the router. Did a scan but, can't find any devices.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

John

hi John. with the ganz software disk you should have on it a prog called ip discovery tool. you can loads it from ganz uk site if its not on disk.

hi John. with the ganz software disk you should have on it a prog called ip discovery tool. you can loads it from ganz uk site if its not on disk.

Hey Tom,

The software I got from Ganz, (CBC America) its a one click install and won't let me view or select individual programs.

it does start a camera device search but, doesn't detect any cameras. I went to the UK site and tried a couple downloads there but struck out there too.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Like... am I expecting my computer to do something that it can't do without some additional hardware?

I kinda feel like a big dummy here.

Hooked up one of the cams via the cat5 cable to the router.

How are you powering the cameras?

Camera is hooked up with 24v power supply.

Still not having any luck. I'm beginning to think I have a problem with my computer.

Last week I tried to log in to my DVR and got a "log in failure" and haven't been able to access it since.

tomorrow I'm bringing my laptop home from work and will try using that one to see if I have any better luck.

hi. can your software find the cameras if you plug 1 at a time direct into PC. and not router ??

Ummm... Tom, I guess I'm not as sharp as the average bear...

I'm not sure how to go about it. I tried disconnecting my router and just plugging the camera into my Ethernet port but,

I didn't have any luck there. Can you give me an idea how to do this?

Thanks,

John

Does you IP camera come with an IP Camera Utility tool in which it would pick up the IP of the camera regardless if its on the same Gateway as your router. i am wondering if the NVR software is not picking it up because it may not be on the same Gateway as your router. You may have to discover it with the camera utility tool and then change the Gateway to match your router. Or change the camera to DHCP and then it would automatically match up to your gateway.

Does you IP camera come with an IP Camera Utility tool in which it would pick up the IP of the camera regardless if its on the same Gateway as your router. i am wondering if the NVR software is not picking it up because it may not be on the same Gateway as your router. You may have to discover it with the camera utility tool and then change the Gateway to match your router. Or change the camera to DHCP and then it would automatically match up to your gateway.

Hey Sean,

That's a possibility. I'm going to have to do some reading up on how these things work, I'm really clueless.

You might also want to try (temporarily!) turning off any firewall options you have on your computer.

Also, you might try right-clicking on the application and select "Run as Administrator".

You might also want to try (temporarily!) turning off any firewall options you have on your computer.

Also, you might try right-clicking on the application and select "Run as Administrator".

I tried both those things, hardwired. still no luck.

John

Well, a little good news....

I downloaded a software app that managed to find my camera and show video on my computer.

Still couldn't get anywhere with the NVR program though.

I sent an email to Ganz seeking help and made contact with a gent that's going to call me

tomorrow and talk me through getting set up so, I'm a happy camper!

A big thank you to everyone for all your suggestions. Hope to have some better news tomorrow.

Cheers,

John

You have to adjust the camera to be in DHCP mode. See if you can do that with the software you used to find the camera. You really need to use the cameras utility tool. It usually comes with the camera on a CD or something like that.

+1 use the detection software. list the ip of each camera then manual insert that into the utility.

also on some gantz and i have seen it on others the subnet is 255.255.255.255 you will need to change it to 255.255.255.0

Well, success at last!

I don't feel so bad now. The tech had a little trouble getting it to work and he knew what he was doing!

All's well that ends well...

Thanks everyone for your help.

Cheers,

John