rkninc

Exacq Software vs. Others

Thank you for your recommendation. We want a separate system.

I strongly recommend having one system. Much easier to use, support and search video.

Thank you for your recommendation. We want a separate system.

I strongly recommend having one system. Much easier to use, support and search video.

To each is own.... Can I ask why you want to separate systems?

Do you want software or will a Standalone NVR do? If only 4 cameras, you can get a good little 4 channel NVR for real cheap but only supports up to 1.3 MP on channels 2-3 and up to 5 MP on channel 1.

Cost.

If its not broken don't fix it. We only need 4 IP cameras not encoders, addition licensing and additional equipment.

To each is own.... Can I ask why you want to separate systems?

Which NVR you recommend?

Do you want software or will a Standalone NVR do? If only 4 cameras, you can get a good little 4 channel NVR for real cheap but only supports up to 1.3 MP on channels 2-3 and up to 5 MP on channel 1.

Well I recommend that whatever system you go with is expandable so when you do want to replace or incorporate your analog system that you don't have to replace both systems and waste that money.

Hello

I'm also a new user to exacqvision, i was searching for substitution to the vms system we were using as it had problems with high bandwidth applications, and stopped on exacq vision after reading positive comments in Internet; while playing with the software in the office it seemed very simple and cute, demanding low system resources but after installing it on some of customer's sites my opinion changed a bit(yet). There are strange periodic connection drops to cameras that didn't happen with same cameras on other vms, it is too simple and has very simple customization options, and what an awful thing the search engine is! Just as an example, we installed 5 X 3 megapixel cameras, with total bandwidth of ~4-5MBps, the PC is used as recording server and live viewwing also, it is i5-2500 based, windows 7 with separate 7200rpm drive for os and 4x2TB surveillance drives for storage, but after specifying to view several day recording software hangs and PC is just killed and don't respond to anything, even simple operation like show desktop or open my computer...

Hello

I'm also a new user to exacqvision, i was searching for substitution to the vms system we were using as it had problems with high bandwidth applications, and stopped on exacq vision after reading positive comments in Internet; while playing with the software in the office it seemed very simple and cute, demanding low system resources but after installing it on some of customer's sites my opinion changed a bit(yet). There are strange periodic connection drops to cameras that didn't happen with same cameras on other vms, it is too simple and has very simple customization options, and what an awful thing the search engine is! Just as an example, we installed 5 X 3 megapixel cameras, with total bandwidth of ~4-5MBps, the PC is used as recording server and live viewwing also, it is i5-2500 based, windows 7 with separate 7200rpm drive for os and 4x2TB surveillance drives for storage, but after specifying to view several day recording software hangs and PC is just killed and don't respond to anything, even simple operation like show desktop or open my computer...

Privet

You absolutely right

I dropped Exacq for the same reasons

connection problem and mickey mouse search

start to sell Avigilon and start to sleep with no worries

already convert few customers

privet ak357!

My problem is that i need vms for AV cameras that we currently use most, avigilon is out of local public's acceptable price range we work with Sony and Panasonic and struggle selling their IP products because of prices so...

I started playing around with exacq after 4.8 version came out indicating faster search as a novelty, i imagine what it was in previous versions...I see myself some explanation of search speed as seems it loads all the small 5min files around the drives, but why does it totally stuck the pc during this process and what is the reason for connection drops...?

:)

privet ak357!

My problem is that i need vms for AV cameras that we currently use most, avigilon is out of local public's acceptable price range we work with Sony and Panasonic and struggle selling their IP products because of prices so...

I started playing around with exacq after 4.8 version came out indicating faster search as a novelty, i imagine what it was in previous versions...I see myself some explanation of search speed as seems it loads all the small 5min files around the drives, but why does it totally stuck the pc during this process and what is the reason for connection drops...?

Sent me PM with ph number

I will tell you few stories

Avigilon imeet nedoroguy versiy

tebe ponravitsy

Just thought I would post up as an end user of the Avigilon software. I am fairly IT knowledgeable, but this is my first cctv system, and home installed. So thought a "novice" user opinion would be useful.

I now have three of my initial four cameras installed (Im pretty busy at weekends and there isnt yet enough daylight left at the end of the working day here in the UK to do anything after work). Aim is probably 8 cameras total in time, though if I use Avigilon encoders which use single cam license, may go above this number.

I have one of the cameras set up using Homeplugs (the 200mb version works, tested with a cheap 85mb and they dont work). This is the internal 2mp dome.

The other cameras are external 2mp dome, and 5mp dome.

The 5mp dome was a bit of a pain to install due to the manual focus. But using an Ipad/tablet I was able to overcome this somewhat, but Im still not 100% happy with the focus. It was the last camera I installed that day, so daylight was running low at the time of finishing - the focus is a little too close and I think Id preffer it to be a little sharper on slightly more distant objects.

The other outdoor dome was quite easy to set up. It took longer placing the conduit to the camera than it did mounting the camera and setting it up. The beauty of the remote focus/zoom on the H264 2mp dome meant setting up the view on this one was relatively quick and painless. Just use a tablet (or actually I had a good view of the TV screen in the room which the camera is located outside) for positioning, then sort the focus and any zoom required remotely.

The internal dome is in a position which makes hardwiring a little impractical for now, and resides in part of the building that will be demolished as part of the revovations, so I opted to try homeplug connection. While the Devolo 85mps would allow the camera to connect to the server, once a medium level of movement was present, the picture would pixelate and be useless. I put this down to the original specification of homeplug 1.0 technology. A quick test using Homeplug AV standard (200mbps plugs) and the picture is fine, will run and record the 2mp at 30fps no problem, as this camera will see little movement at all on a regular basis, I may as well stick with the 30fps.

I am still undergoing a little bit of trial and error on the motion detection sensitivity and threshold, especially with the 5mp dome as this is in an area that does include some trees/hedges etc, so some careful exclusion of these items so as to not record moving leaves was necessary, though there is still a bit of a balancing act, as I may have excluded the trees, but the shadows they cast do cross an area where I wish to detect movement. The rain today has not helped either, as this camera is in an area that does get hit by rain - so I shall be looking for some form of shield etc to try and prevent rain on the dome setting off the motion recording.

As I currently have a 2TB system for the 4 cameras (one more external 2mp dome to mount) then Im not too concerened with the system recording raindrops at present, as I would rather have it record too much during rain than miss any actual movement should I switch it off during adverse weather.

Using the system to view recorded events is incredibly easy. Searching for events by either time or pixel area is also very fast and easy, even across an internet connection with a 0.5mb upload. The slow upload speed at my home however means that playback of movement across the internet connection is very jerky or slow. So what I have done if I really want to review movement while I am away from home, is bookmark an area and export this to a file and then playback in the standalone player installed on my local pc in the office. The process for this is again very easy to do.

I need to install either some further dusk till dawn lighting (or a photocell for existing exterior lighting) in two locations, and also some IR lighting for the internal camera - again dusk till dawn or timer controlled, in order to improve two of the recording areas .

Altogether though, I find the Avigilon software and cameras very easy to set up and use. There may be cheaper stuff available, but the ease of use this system gives me is great. I am now looking for a compatible "cheap" covert ip cam to use as a "nannycam". I was looking for some thing that could be disguised as a smoke detector/alarm pir. Any suggestions that will be compatible?

Alternative is an Avigilon encoder and then four cheap covert analogue cams (may as well use the 4 channels of the encoder if I go to that expense).

Thanks to AK's comment i started looking deeper into avigilon's software, besides it has important function for me of rate control on av cameras that exacq doesn't.

I just got off the phone with one of my Exacq customers and he told me it took him 8 hours to search, export and burn video from 1 event from 8 MP cameras and he said he has 3 more events to go. Needless to say they wanna switch VMS.

Hi,

Don't get we wrong but... hmmm you sold it to them :/

If I remember you were " big fan" of Exacq, what went wrong then ?.

I have just finished first installation with Sony cameras and 2 Arecont 8 MPX, its going well so far.

I know it's not perfect with searching, but on the othar hand it's stable, reasonable PCU consumer, and priced well.

Avigilon is " almost perfect" ( I have never worked with) , but price is ...

For example, I'm looking for good LPR solution. I would go for Avigilon, but like I said , too expensive.

Probably I will stay with Geovision or Seetec ( waiting for price).

Don't know which way to choose :/

Regards

Hi,

I have just finished first installation with Sony cameras and 2 Arecont 8 MPX, its going well so far.

I know it's not perfect with searching, but on the othar hand it's stable, reasonable PCU consumer, and priced well.

For example, I'm looking for good LPR solution. I would go for Avigilon, but like I said , too expensive.

Regards

Hmm, too expensive for Who ?

for YOU, Right ?

U "never worked with" you own words

so it's all about YOUR comfort level

Right ?

as cheap as possible for YOU

Right ?

What about customer who is getting what good for YOU

Do u tell customer "it's not perfect with searching" before u start job ?

Probably not

Hi,

Regards

You are correct I WAS a big fan of Exacq but after all the issues we have run into and the complaints from customers I am not going to sell it anymore until they fix the search.

I didn't sell them the Exacq system another company did we just took it over.

They will be demoing Aviglon VMS for 30 days and THEY can decide if it is to expensive. But I already know they will switch since they have to pay to upgrade Exacq this month and when they search the same video on the same cameras and it takes 30min with Avigilon where it took 8 hours with Exacq

I see that you are pretty cost conscious. What is the budget you have in mind and what cameras do you plan to use? I personally think for a grocery store Exacq or Avigilon is a pretty expensive investment. Nuuo is probably more fairly priced. We have install multiple Qnap systems for some residential and SMB projects and it's been pretty good. It has most of the features you need and a 4ch system is available under $800 on amazon. It's a stand alone system like Nuuo mini which means very easy to install and supports generic cameras.

On a side note, I do believe using two separate systems is a good idea not only because it's cheaper but the system generally runs smoother in the long run IMO.

just my 2 cents.

I see that you are pretty cost conscious. What is the budget you have in mind and what cameras do you plan to use? I personally think for a grocery store Exacq or Avigilon is a pretty expensive investment.

just my 2 cents.

I personally never think

I simply offer choices

and for some "stupid" reason guess what customer is picking ....?

course of human Sociology can really help

just my 2 cents

I personally never think

Oh sure... Your only expert on anything and everything by accident...

Here is what I think... there are two ways to approach any specialized skill.

1. Pay a pro to get optimal solution (albeit at higher cost)

2. Make science fair project / experiment through trial and error... (The pro already did the science fair project / experiment and saw whats optimal and quality and whats not)

Some people like science fair projects and to make experiment...

Me too

I see that you are pretty cost conscious. What is the budget you have in mind and what cameras do you plan to use? I personally think for a grocery store Exacq or Avigilon is a pretty expensive investment.

just my 2 cents.

I personally never think

I simply offer choices

and for some "stupid" reason guess what customer is picking ....?

course of human Sociology can really help

just my 2 cents

lol ak relax it was meant to offer a different perspective/"choice". I'm not your competitor so no need to get aggressive here.

I do have a different philosophy on this tho because people do pay me to think for them and tell them what to buy. And I certainly hope people who buy your products are not because of some "stupid" reason.

On a side note, I do believe using two separate systems is a good idea not only because it's cheaper but the system generally runs smoother in the long run IMO.

just my 2 cents.

So how much extra time does it take to export video from both systems?

What about administration and users?

Most small businesses are busy enough and when they need to use the system they wanna have something that is simple and intuitive.

Also I have NEVER had issues running analog and HD/megapixel on the same system.

I personally think for a grocery store Exacq or Avigilon is a pretty expensive investment.

Ive used Avigilon at my home.

Was it expensive? Compared to some, probably.

Do I think its easy to use? Yes.

Does it work well even over the ridiculously slow broadband connections we/I have in the UK? Yes.

Am I happy with the product given what it cost me? Yes.

That'll do for me