Zohan

CNB WDR or not

My vote gets the blue- i chip...

Although i will say ive only used 1 of each, the blue i cam with a tvt based dvr and a monalisa chip cam with an aver nano dvr and i like the blue i better

Where you guys buying the CNB's from?

Thanks

Dwg security

Although i will say ive only used 1 of each, the blue i cam with a tvt based dvr and a monalisa chip cam with an aver nano dvr and i like the blue i better

Which one of these do better at night.

^Almost looks like a CIF recording resized up to 4CIF. System says the dimensions of the image are 913x696, which definitely means it's been up-scaled at some point.

Which one of these do better at night.

Has anyone tried the CNB DFL-20-S ?

Actually I was looking for more of the bullet style outdoor CNB cameras...

Like WFM-24VF/WFM-25VF or this one XCB-20VF/XCB-21VF or XCM-20VF/XCM-21VF

this is CNB LBM-20S

185014_1.jpg

i

Not very clear. Is the live view better?

i know, thought the cnb would be pretty good since a lot of people here say good things.....im a little dissapointed at this point

i know, thought the cnb would be pretty good since a lot of people here say good things.....im a little dissapointed at this point

It SHOULD be a lot better than that. Do you have a still that hasn't been up-scaled?

It SHOULD be a lot better than that. Do you have a still that hasn't been up-scaled?

not really sure how to do that....i just brought up that camera then took a still shot. Do I have to change settings in dvr, it is recording at d1

Try actually exporting a still from the DVR. A photo of an LCD showing a rescaled camera image isn't really a valid comparison.

that pic looks a little better saved on my desktop before i upload to photobucket and link to it from here....how do i do an export from dvr, i thought thats what i did when i took a snapshot?

that pic looks a little better saved on my desktop before i upload to photobucket and link to it from here....how do i do an export from dvr, i thought thats what i did when i took a snapshot?

Are you sure that cameras in focus??? It should be alot better than what your getting. There seems to be alot of lines in it, interlacing issue, interference?? Maybe just the lines in the deck and railing throwing me off or something. I use photobucket and it doesnt scale my pictures at all...

Are you sure that cameras in focus??? It should be alot better than what your getting. There seems to be alot of lines in it, interlacing issue, interference?? Maybe just the lines in the deck and railing throwing me off or something. I use photobucket and it doesnt scale my pictures at all...

tomorrow i will go and check it out.....

it should be better correct?

It's hard to say because it's not clear how you're saving this picture. At the very least, the resolution it's at doesn't conform to any actual xCIF/D1 resolution, meaning it's up-scaled by an uneven factor. Is this a screenshot from the remote client? A photograph of the screen? Or is this using a function on the DVR itself?

From your description, it sounds like you're just taking a photograph of the screen, and there's no way that will give an accurate idea of what the camera actually looks like.

the pics i posted are of taking snapshots first through the web viewer interface and saved to my desktop, then the last one was taken through the remote console and saved to desktop. Then each one uploaded to photobucket and linked.

There are other ways to take snapshots?

It's hard to say because it's not clear how you're saving this picture. At the very least, the resolution it's at doesn't conform to any actual xCIF/D1 resolution, meaning it's up-scaled by an uneven factor. Is this a screenshot from the remote client? A photograph of the screen? Or is this using a function on the DVR itself?

From your description, it sounds like you're just taking a photograph of the screen, and there's no way that will give an accurate idea of what the camera actually looks like.

Anyone else have this camera or a similar one who can give up a comparative picture.

By "snapshots" do you mean screenshots (using the PrintScreen key or a screen-capture utility), or using a function in the program? If the client has a feature to export video clips, it should be able to export still images as well.

The problem is, the original video is at D1 or lower resolution... but the web viewer is expanding it to 913x696 pixels. Right there, it's losing quality, clarity and sharpness. Any comparative stills someone else posts WILL look better, assuming they're exported properly, simply for the fact that they're not being up-sized in the process.

Actually, resizing the posted image down to 480 vertical, the horizontal becomes 630 pixels, which indicates it's either being cropped as well, or it's not being resized evenly. Going from 630x480 back up to 913x696 is a 145% size increase, which is something of an oddball number that doesn't lend itself easily to smooth resizing.

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about. This is a D1 export, 704x480 (click the images to see them full size - the board itself is resizing the display, so the differences aren't as noticeable):

181106_4.jpg

Now here it is resized by 145%, using a "resize" function (saved at 100% JPEG quality):

185124_1.jpg

And again, resized 145%, using a "resample" function, with a "Lanczos" filter (slowest, but best quality):

185124_2.jpg

Note that those images are now 1021x696, maintaining original aspect ratio. Now here's what happens if I scale it to 913x696:

185124_3.jpg

Note how it's squashed horizontally.

A major part of the reason for your poor quality is the way your web client displays it, plain and simple. That doesn't even account for it potentially compressing the video more (common for remote clients).

Thanks matt....the 'snapshot' feature is a camera symbol in the webviewer (internet explorer) or i can also do it from their program 'remote console'.....Other than that I haven't seen any settings or a different way to do it. Maybe I will give TS a call to double check.

My two remote views do completely different things when it comes to sizing pics, pics snapped from within the apps.

Web viewer, window of channel full size, but not full monitor screen size, just the window expanded bigger-

185187_1.jpg

It's not elongated like that in the web viewer, it's squared off appropriately.

MCS software, channel window small-

185187_2.jpg

MCS software, channel window full size, which is actually full monitor screen size-

185187_3.jpg

Perhaps there's a difference too when imgage linking as opposed to uploading a file here, I don't know. The default sizing seems to follow whatever either app decides to pump out. I never gave it much thought really. A pic is a pic. Make it bigger, make it smaller- whatever is gonna provide the clearest ID shot, and it better at least be clear by default or making it bigger is only gonna kill it. Shrinking pics will generally make them look better. But again, it's pictures. And it's REMOTE pictures. These pics I posted are with the apps set to LAN, which helps to sharpen them up. Set to WAN, they get more soft- less sharp. And I find that for me, settings such as resolution, bitrate, framerate, and internet bandwidth really come into play big time when viewing remotely- and capturing pictures. Exporting directly from the dvr should be a different, more accurate story- for video and pics. Although, I don't know if my dvr exports pics. I've never tried it. I monitor my system 99% of the time remotely.