miyagi

If I hide my DVR how can I operate it?

Hey guys

I rather hastily installed a CCTV system a few months ago before I had my first little one, the reason for this was because I was doing some decorating / d.I.y in the house and wanted to sink any wires.

Anyway I have nearly come to the end of the decorating and install of my cameras and I wanted to know if I hide the DVR How would I operate it?

Thanks

That depends on the DVR. If it supports mouse control, you could just extend the monitor and mouse cables from its location to your desk or wherever you want to control it from. Some allow full control from their remote client as well.

Mine is in the basement and I operate it from my PC upstairs using PSS software. I hooked a monitor and mouse up to it for about ten minutes to set an IP, then stuck it downstairs and attached to the network.

I have the qvis Apollo pro 8 ch

Mine is in the basement and I operate it from my PC upstairs using PSS software. I hooked a monitor and mouse up to it for about ten minutes to set an IP, then stuck it downstairs and attached to the network.

I have the qvis Apollo pro 8 ch

Pss Software, sounds interesting, can this be downloaded for free ?

KVM over Cat5 would probably be best - my DVR's client software is functional but not as good as the real thing. http://edigitaldeals.net/keyboard-mouse-ps-2-vga-extender-balun-2-cat5-up-to-300-at-up-to-1280x1024.html

Coupled with a normal KVM switch (my new fav is Trendnet's: http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-2-Port-Switch-Includes-TK-209K/dp/B000L4D42Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332558640&sr=8-1 )

Very odd... I KNOW for a fact that I responded to this thread with a link to the PSS software.

Can someone kindly explain why it was deleted?

I don't see anything in the moderation logs about any posts being deleted or moved from this thread... mighta just been a system glitch, gone into the ether... it's rare, but it does happen.

Very odd... I KNOW for a fact that I responded to this thread with a link to the PSS software.

i saw your link. but it was click pay (google add) if members clicked on it the owner got paid via google.

not only that it directed you away from this forum.

if you have a dahua. you will find it on the disk that came with your dvr. insert cd into pc and click pss link to download (your region) to your pc.

i saw your link. but it was click pay (google add) if members clicked on it the owner got paid via google.

not only that it directed you away from this forum.

if you have a dahua. you will find it on the disk that came with your dvr. insert cd into pc and click pss link to download (your region) to your pc.

It was a link to Bahamas security. Not some random no name site.

You can also setup a VNC server and control the desktop remotely. It would be like you were right there sitting at the DVR PC but you would be on another PC using a remote VNC session.

You can also setup a VNC server and control the desktop remotely. It would be like you were right there sitting at the DVR PC but you would be on another PC using a remote VNC session.

If it's a PC-based system, yes - Remote Desktop, Remote Administrator, VNC, Teamviewer, etc. will all work (although you may not see live video if you have a hardware-compression card).

As far as standalones, from what I've been able to determine with the Dahua unit I've been testing, EVERYTHING that can be configured directly through the OSD, can be configured from the web client.