hey_moe

What would cause this

Everything was working ok and I replaced the cables with better ones.Also went from 12 to 24 volt on a 25 foot run. In the daytime everything looked fine in the evening everything is out of focus. Both of the CNB carmas are doing this. The cheap-o camera stay in focus.

901110649_DVR1-cam02-20120312-010210.jpg.99b37b19a1779dad078ec2ba67fe49e6.jpg

828967510_DVR1-cam02-20120312-170700.jpg.6d9abd5aaf823237f44f96db6a9ab8a1.jpg

Which CNBs were these? Offhand, looks like the auto-iris is opening up and the shallower DOF is throwing off the focus. The camera should be set to ESC instead of DC when focusing, so the iris is wide open... then set back to DC after focus is set.

It's this one>> Cnb-Vcm-24Vf Vandal Dome Camera (600Tvl Icr Dnr Osd)

What I don't understand was I made no adjustments on the camera This is what I had before.

1135817908_DVR1-cam07-20120307-185512.jpg.3762ef0980f480d053d9bbdd9200f6c6.jpg

1322648167_DVR1-cam07-20120307-185400.jpg.aeed559d3cf03188070023be221db303.jpg

Looking at it now at home on a bigger screen... it looks like it's not switching to night mode. Weird thing: a 24VF I have here at home, since I switched it from 12VDC to 24VAC, isn't switching to night mode either.

I'll investigate this a bit further...

Everything was working ok and I replaced the cables with better ones.Also went from 12 to 24 volt on a 25 foot run.

I know you'll get it straight, perhaps with the help of others. I don't know what the problem is but I'll offer some quick advice for the future with this. In general, don't fix what ain't broke. Of all that needs attention in your system, this camera looked great and didn't need anything changed. When you get a camera looking great, don't pick at it. Leave it alone and noodle with something that really needs it.

Good luck with the fix.

^Try reverting it to 12VDC and see if that helps. I know it SHOULDN'T make a difference, but it's worth a shot... I'll do some more in-depth diagnostics with mine when I get the chance.

Everything was working ok and I replaced the cables with better ones.Also went from 12 to 24 volt on a 25 foot run. In the daytime everything looked fine in the evening everything is out of focus. Both of the CNB carmas are doing this. The cheap-o camera stay in focus.

I've replaced probably a half dozen of these that did the same thing. I got so fed up with this model that I don't sell them anymore. I've been installing arm electronics and haven't had the frustrations. I've called CNB a number of times and it's always the same thing "we've never seen this before" and then I cough b&//$-:t. I can't be the only one and now I see I'm not.

The transition between color and b&w is horrible. During the transition the focus will start to shift and you can see it happening. I have no way of correcting this and it happens a lot. I can repeat it with a 100w bulb on a dimmer in a room. Turn it down slowly and you can see the shift occurring.

Soundy, I went and reset both cameras and that took care of the problem. I also set it up how you suggested. I got another new problem..lol. It's PTZ camera time. I got it delevered last night. I know I didn't need it but want to have something to play with. What else we got to do with our money.....Right

I've been eyeing lots of ptz's lately, but I never push the button to buy. What did you get? And I hope you post lots of shots of video of that, day & night.