Sign in to follow this  
hey_moe

Wanna bust out laughing?

PTZ. are a big expence most of the time its the most expensive camera on your system.

and this has to be taken into account when buying one.

ok we have lots of members buying standard cameras from the likes of ebay $10-$40 ok not a big loss when it fails.

but now lots of people are looking at PTZ cameras and from chine or ebay paying $650 - $750

remember Ebay is a Auction site. sellers can and will offer 1 year warranty but in reality once you have paid and left your feed back that is the end of your auction product.

for such an expense why not buy from your own country you can find for around the say price and have the warranty and you also have the legal side to get your money back at anytime with the warranty.

i think Sean may have had his PTZ details of a new one out soon

EFFIO-S 700tvl

3.9-89.7mm lens

24v

ip66

60m IR

Day/night (ICR) DNR (2D&3D)

IR corrective lens

Auto iris. auto focus.AWB / AGC/BLC

7 alarm inputs

2 alarm outputs

Count me amoung the ebay gamblers at the 650 level, although I got a lot of money off with an ebay coupon and ebay bucks. But still, when it comes to buying from China or Hong Kong on ebay, bet as much as you can afford to lose. So far the camera looks and works excellent with all the options you would expect in a high end ptz. But will it work in a month, 6 months, a year and beyond? That remains to be seen. I have to remain optomistic at this point- I bought the thing. But either way, I'll check in and let you all know. I would recommend anyone here thinking about a ptz- wait to see what members come up with if you can hold out.

From my perspective, unless you have a serious need for a ptz camera in a residential system, it's all about the ultimate cctv toy and nothing more really. The thought of controlling the pan/tilt/zoom is very cool. But when that wears off, the camera itself had better offer needed features to help your security beyond fun or cool. Full featured high speed domes do NOT come cheap no matter where you get them. Even if you get a quality ptz at a 300 dollar price point, it will likely be lacking some needed things to make it actually useful in a serious pinch- such as speed for one. The lower the budget for these things, the less they offer. So before you plunk down hundreds or maybe even a grand or more for a brand name ptz, make sure it will serve you beyond the fun of moving it around. Make sure you understand what you want out of such a camera and what you're GETTING out of the one you choose- because a good one will cost you.