rory

Wirelezz

I need someone to contact me regarding a wireless application here in the bahamas, its 18 cameras wireless, and 14 analogue, NVR or DVR, IP or other, Doesnt matter, the client needs real time (or near real time) and the least amount of equipment as possible ..

Manufacturers taking their sweet time to get back to me via email, and I just need to get this done, its a big job if anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks

Rory

I need it like its plugged directly into the DVR, id be recording in high res.

I need to deal with someone experienced in large wireless installs, both IP and Non IP Wireless, to get the best product for the project.

Thanks

Rory

Not recently.

I need a windows Server software than can handle 14 analogue cameras, and 18 cameras from IP servers, real time. but also an option for not reeal time. Ive figured out the real time, using video servers and transcoders, for each camera, but thats pricey so I have to give them another option.

All cameras are Extreme CCTV cameras.

has to provideo 30 camera view from the server (not the client) so the user can use 1 large LCD.

the main thing is i need something ready to go, and ASAP ..

Rory

ok lets forget the wireless for right now, i have a local wireless network company that can handle that.

Lets talk about a NVR with RAID, for a single LCD screen 32 camera view (or 36 whichever evens out), and this on the server not using client software as dont want to claim anymore bandwidth. They definatelty want to see all 32 cameras on one screen view though thats the main thing. I see milestone software does that, but I need a ready made system.

also will have to work with encoders and video servers from acti for example,. I use them as they do MPEG4 while others are doing MPEG2 ...

thanks

Rory

Rory,

I don't have a solution to your NVR situation as we use custom software for our control room. I can say that I hope your LCD screen is large, 36 cameras is more than what we put on our 150" screens.

The only mainstream apps that I know of that support ACTi are D3 Data and Milestone/ONSSI.

Cool thing about Milestone/ONSSI is that is only opens up 1 connection to the video server, and shares it via its own relay server for Local Viewing/Recording/Touring/Web Clients. That cuts bandwidth usage dramatically.

Yep, Im going to take the client a couple options, then they can decide. I too would prefer they use 2 seperate monitors, as like you said 32 cameras on 1 screen will be small. I was just told from the contractor what they wanted. But now im simply going to go and sit down with the actual owner and explain it all to him.

He's only going to get 3 options, with approx pricing, and its all preliminary just to see what they really want, as they have changed their minds, or the manager has, over the past couple months, too many times. And we have yet to meet the owner which I made a point that we must do, on Monday, no more manager meetings,

3 Options will be Wired, Wired and Fixed Wireless, and all IP with wireless network. Pros and cons of all with images and specs will be presented, and they can decide which to go further with. In all honesty the 1st and 3rd options would be the easiest for me ..

I was looking at Milestone for the IP option as they support Acti 2100 servers, and also do 16 or 32 cameras as an option. Other option would be to use 2 servers and use the Acti 16 channel software.

Here's a question you could probably answer, as I dont have any IP cameras to fully test either, which is better for 16 cameras, the Acti or the MileStone software?

By now this thread is already in the wrong section of the forum ... sorry my bad

Thanks

Rory

I've used the 11mbps radios from SmartBridges with success.

Here's a SmartBridges airPoint-PRO w/7dBi omni. It's on a 6.0/608 DSL circuit:

24553_1.jpg

Rory,

Cool thing about Milestone/ONSSI is that is only opens up 1 connection to the video server, and shares it via its own relay server for Local Viewing/Recording/Touring/Web Clients. That cuts bandwidth usage dramatically.

May I ask if this is done through Multicasting?

Rory,

As long as you can establish a good wireless network you should have no problems other than the limits that the NVR has on incoming and outgoing traffic.

There are plenty of DVR's now that actually allow for the use of both I.P. and Analogue Cameras, these are usually more cost efficient than using a fully fledged NVR becuase they usually include a HTML server for free, rather than having to pay a license fee, most are well over 50ch so this may help with your solution.

There are plenty of DVR's now that actually allow for the use of both I.P. and Analogue Cameras, these are usually more cost efficient than using a fully fledged NVR because they usually include a HTML server for free, rather than having to pay a license fee, most are well over 50ch

Over 50 channels? How about some names & your experience in using them?

Yes please post some names, as i investigated hundreds of solutions and there was no Hybrid system that could achieve what I needed. Basically it was one way or the other.

My requirements were /are Full D1 on every channel, 30fps on every channel, 32 channels, and 1 monitor with a 32/36 camera multi view on the server, not an extra client.

In fact, milestone was the only software i found that could do 32 cameras in one multi screen, for IP based, 16/25 was the average limit, even though they all mostly claim they can do 240+ Ip cameras. I know of a few DVRs that do the 32 way multi view, but none of them also do IP cameras, just all analogue.

I could tell you what I ended up quoting, and the products i looked at, but Id like to see what you come back with, in case i missed something, and ofcourse it needs to be supported in the US

Thanks

Rory

If that is your requirements then I may not be able to help, the main unit I was talking about handles 30Ch Analogue and 32 I.P. Inputs the main problem you will have is that this unit can only record the video at 2 x Ciff and only 12.5Fps for analogue, the I.P. will be as fast as your network allows and although it can stream MPEG2 at 1024x768 it will only record at 2 ciff (I think) if you use the Hybrid DVR.

There is always DVtel and VCS (now known as Bosch I.P.) with these units you purchase a NVMS (network video management server) and a NVRS (network video recording server) which is obviously much more expensive than one Hybrid DVR unit.

The other cost problem is the fact that with NVR type software you need a license for every remote connection but with the Hybrid DVR you can simply use a Web Browser for free!

The Hybrid DVR will do the speeds for I.P. that you need and the display you want but will not give you the full frame you need, the only way to do that is to go NVR!

Please post who does the 30 ch analogue with 32 ch IP Hybrid please.

No browser based though.

Thanks.

Rory