ssnapier

What is the "Spot" BNC connector for?

I have looked at a few analog DVR's lately, but since I don't mess with these alot, what is the "SPOT" connector for? My guess was that it was for displaying a single "important" channel, but I could not find anything in the documentation. Can someone please educate me?

Hi ssnapier.

it depends on the dvr. some will just show 1 camera and some dvrs you can pick and display any camea.

most of the time you would use it for say a public display monitor by a door way in a store. or have all cameras switching 1 at a time

Yup, just a 'spot' output. Sometimes selectable in output by the DVR software. Spot outputs are great for getting a good overview of the system from a monitor that can be run to pretty much anywhere. I use a spot output to feed a modulator so I can look around the house on my TVs. It just to specific cameras on motion. Seamless!

spot output means display with video only.

for example. you're setting something in the control room,the moniter is in another show room with Spot input.the people in this room will not see any GUI but video only.

It depends on DVR, but nowadays I see most manufacturers actually use SPOT as video output that can keep a picture from one channel or rotate them. Old DVR's had more options for SPOT, but now it seems that VGA and HDMI are more important for firmware and hardware developers.