Installer024

Please Help--Spectra Mounting Issue

HI,

I have been using this page for years but finally have a question to post, I need some solid advice.

This is my first major install. I have done small systems for offices etc before but this is 2 300,000+ Sq ft warehouse project and I am almost done but have one small issue.

I purchased 3 pelco PP351's instead of 3 pp350's. My supplier had them listen on the web page incorrectly and I didn't catch it until the parts arrived. The only difference is, that the one i received mounts to a flat roof, while the 350's mount to the side of the building. I am not sure what to do. They have a flat tar type roof, and I have seen standing water on it during my walk through. I am really worried about leaks after i install it. Has anyone installed a 351 on a flat roof before? How did you ensure it didn't leak? Using sandbags or cynder blocks wont fly so I would really have to drill at least 8 holes into a flat roof.....I know I can seal seal seal, but am a little afraid they will still leak. I can return and get new ones, but it will put me past my project deadline.

Advice?????

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

I was hoping I could so I called pelco tech support to ask if it was an attachment or if it was welded on and he said he thought it was welded and I could not remove. I don't have it in front of me, it is on site. Can someone confrim that is a possibility?

I'm pretty sure it is welded too. I don't know about cutting 3 of them. Wouldn't even know what kind of saw to use or where to start, plus, there brand new, I'd had to do a hack job on them you know.

quote. > The mounts are designed to swivel within available clearance limits,

which adds to the flexibility, easy maintenance, and usability of the

configuration.

Manufactured from aluminum, the mounts include indexing bolts to

secure the arm in position.

the arm does come off (lock nuts) then you could use something like this. but its not cheap.

188101_1.jpg

Yes I know the arm comes off, it accutaly comes in a separate box all together. It kind of defeats the purpose of the 300 dollar mount though. The purpose is to mount it close to the roof top so I could loosen and service the camera all from the roof. I thought about an attachment like this too, but then i need a lift to service the camera. I could buy any wall mount and accomplish the same thing.

Keep it coming guys, please.

If you're not comfortable and confident with sealing, than the deadline get's pushed while you exchange. Not your fault they were listed incorrectly. But if you really do prefer that mount, seal like a mofo. And tar it in as well. We have a flat tar roof on our offices and they suck and need attention every so often with NOTHING installed on them. Good luck.

am confused now.

your first post .... is you ordered wall mount and you got flat mount by mistake.

you would still of needed a lift to lossen the pelco wall mount.

but since you now have the flat mount. why not just fix to roof with good silicon under bracket and get a local roof contractor in to Tar over your fitting if your not happy doing it

Thanks ALL!!

Shockwave..you are right. I called the PM at my client , explained the situation and am just waiting a bit to receive the right part. It actually might only cost me 3 days. I can't chance it, as the roof does have sitting water where they want the cameras, and even with a ton of sealant I wouldn't feel right about putting at least 8 holes in the roof for each camera. I guess I could call a contractor in to tar it, but I could probably have the mounts over-nighted for the same costs.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and inputs. Great to have real suggestions, and thoughtful responses. This wont be my only post I'm sure.

I'm NOT an installer, but like I said- we have flat tar roof on our offices and they truely suck balloons. Either the roof guy stinks at keeping them serviced, or they just flat out fail often. Everytime I turn around I'm literally putting a jug under a drip in severe rain storms. Amazes me. I wouldn't pop any holes that didn't need to be there in our roof, that's for sure. Personally I think you made the right choice. Before long there'd be a drip on the inside and they'd say oh, that's where the camera's mounted.

Who needs that. Good luck.

It's prolly too late but you could have just used a patio block or two (they actually make a mount for this). Use a lil PL premium and a piece of wood glued to the block and then mount to the wood.