zopallen

Outdoor cctv-system

Hi all

I'm new to this world of cctv cameras, and im a little bit lost. Need some help.

A couple of days ago, my dog was poisoned by someone from outside my home. To prevent it from happening again, and to improve the security of the house, i am thinking of installing the system.

The cameras are going to be outdoor, and fixed. The main problem is that the area I want them to see is without light at night. It is possible to install a light so the camera get a better image.

I hace been reading your forum, and came to see this camera: CNB Mona Lisa VCM-24VFH. Is it ok? I would be installing 4 cameras, all in the same situation. But i am lost. I dont know which DVR buy, or if I need an especific cable or power supply. Can you help me?

The total budget is about 1200$. Where to buy? Necesarily, must be sended to europe.

Thanks a lot for the advice!!

Hi all

I'm new to this world of cctv cameras, and im a little bit lost. Need some help.

A couple of days ago, my dog was poisoned by someone from outside my home. To prevent it from happening again, and to improve the security of the house, i am thinking of installing the system.

Sorry to hear about your dogs, I know exactly what you feel like.

The first thing you need to do is keep calm.

I know it is hard & you want to disect him limb for limb.

Next you need to try & find out what is the motive for the poisoning?

Has someone got a grudge against you or your dogs or fear them?

Ask around if anyone has had the same problem it might be someone planing to break in to your property.

Try and poison proof your dogs so that your dogs will only eat when you perform a certain ritual or give him a specific command.

So anyway... yes, those are good cameras, and will give you good picture with minimal ambient light. Adding a couple motion-activated flood lights to the area may be enough of a deterrent in itself, although if the culprit is laying his poisons too far away from the house, they may not pick him up and turn on.

Adding a couple motion-activated flood lights to the area may be enough of a deterrent in itself, although if the culprit is laying his poisons too far away from the house, they may not pick him up and turn on.

You could use an IR beam where the motion detectors don't reach.

The other possibility could be the culprit is poisining some food & throwing it over the wall.

Sorry to hear about your dogs, I know exactly what you feel like.

The first thing you need to do is keep calm.

I know it is hard & you want to disect him limb for limb.

Next you need to try & find out what is the motive for the poisoning?

Has someone got a grudge against you or your dogs or fear them?

Ask around if anyone has had the same problem it might be someone planing to break in to your property.

Try and poison proof your dogs so that your dogs will only eat when you perform a certain ritual or give him a specific command.

Thanks a lot for the support. I dont know whether the reason is a person who hates dogs or someone trying to break into the house. I hope is the first one... But I take note of the recommendation, and i'm starting with the propper education against poison.

I think that the culprit threw the poissoned food over the wall, because the poor animal was at the garden when this happened.

Anyway, I think that I will install those lights, motion-detectors o by IR.

I still have some questions, related to the supply of the camera (Does come with it's own power cable o I need to buy an especific one? Is an special image cable needed?) And which DVR to buy? Is better that it has remoted access by android or computer.

Thanks for the support and advice.

Hey zopallen,

There are a couple ways to power your cameras. You can use a transformer to power it, or Power over Ethernet (PoE), but that would require a switch that has power over ethernet capabilities or an injector.

Also, it's been mentioned, but an IR illuminator could really help in this situation. It'll get you a more consistent picture in the dark.

Hey zopallen,

There are a couple ways to power your cameras. You can use a transformer to power it, or Power over Ethernet (PoE), but that would require a switch that has power over ethernet capabilities or an injector.

Also, it's been mentioned, but an IR illuminator could really help in this situation. It'll get you a more consistent picture in the dark.

Thanks a lot for the help!! But what is the average price for an Average IR Iluminator?

Thanks a lot for the help!! But what is the average price for an Average IR Iluminator?

hi. if you need to watch your dogs or see if anything is on the ground that should not be there i would forget about IR and go with flood lighting. solar is a good option put light without power anywhere around your property.

190873_1.jpg

190873_2.jpg

Ok, so on one hand we have flood light, which is better for seeing what is happening, and in the other, the IR, which is better for long distance seeing, isn't it?

Another question, do you know any shop that sells the Monalisa in the EU?

Thanks!!

Another question, do you know any shop that sells the Monalisa in the EU?

hi. EU look for CNB I-Blue. .......... were are you located.

the IR, which is better for long distance seeing, isn't it?

no the the longer the distance the worse IR gets. unless you look at spending $300/400 on good illuminators.

Hi:

¿CNB I-Blue is the name of the monalisa in europe? Any idea of a shop that sells it? I can't find it

So, flood light is better than IR in any case?

Thanks!!

I see the post has been submitted a while ago, but I guess there are some people that might read it,so:

1. For outdoor use You should use vandal proof, ICR and IR illuminator camera. Its not so hard to find one.

2. PoE is for IP cameras, but You consider analogue. For analogue You can use power over coax. Or if the distance is not too long, You can just use regular 12VDC power adaptor.

Id also make sure that at least one camera is visible - You can scare away any potential intruders just by having cctv. Its presence factor is often underestimated.