atomb

Newbie question 4cam DVR /2 cam system /

DVR is a 4 channel and i only have 2 cameras.

The Dvr only allows two options

1)dwell between two cameras

2)or quad split view.

I really need to have a dual view meaning just the 2 cams on the monitor at the same time. (instead of of 2 grey squares and 2 cam squares..

And if your thinking just throw in two cams ...its just not an option.

My question can this be accomplished and how if so?

Apparently I believe with my current dvr which is a digimerge 4channnel It cannot?

Are there any other manufactures or ways to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help on the matter.

Apparently I believe with my current dvr which is a digimerge 4channnel It cannot?

some DVRs will do picture in picture ....... but not yours.

you can buy a cctv picture in picture box either 2 split or full screen and small second camera image ........ some have motion and will flick from cameras.

but its the cost. you are better adding 2 more cameras to your system than PIP.

One moment.... first consider Your monitor. Standard resolution of PAL CCTV camera is ~5:4: 704x576px (NTSC is a bit different, but for the sake of this conversation lets consider it almost equal), so 2 screens on one display would mean 5:8 or 10:4. It means that picture will be stretched or You will have black belts above and below the pictures.

You can use either DVR that allows to preview PIP or perhaps You can buy quad switcher/processor i.e. and it allows to divide screen into.

Cheap and simple in use.

Thanx for the quick response.. I really appreciate you taking the time. Im going to have to look at the price but from what your saying its sounds like its at least double the intial cost of the original DVR. If i could find something for 400- 500 bucks that would do this is my target. Thanks again just curious which manufacturer does the PIP?

I actually think i have that quad switcher but can i use it with the dvr and still get recording done?

Im assuming is either dvr or multiplexer. Im kinda new to CCTV

Sure, just use video signal multiplexer 1-->2. Put one cable to DVR and second one to quad. Same with second camera. Then You'll have no problems with DVR - no one will change anything in menu - You'll separate DVR form preview monitor. It also has a bit of a problem - to playback You will have to go to DVR, but if You use it rarely, is shouldn't be such an inconvenience.

but for the sake of this conversation lets consider it almost equal), so 2 screens on one display would mean 5:8 or 10:4. It means that picture will be stretched or You will have black belts above and below the pictures.

which is why i said picture in picture................ no point buying something that is built to display 4 cameras like your QC-904R just like his dvr he is not going to use to its full

for PIP you just need to add 1 of these to channel 1 and 2 on your dvr.

if your in the US i have sent a link to the PIP box

188154_1.jpg

194982_1.jpg

Can you access the DVR via Internet Explorer? If yes then log in twice with two different IE windows and place them side by side. Have Cam1 on one window and Cam2 on the other. Works well with a widescreen monitor rather than standard.

Thanks guys

Dpol am TomCCTV.. many thanks ..You guys have given me a good ditection to go. Ill let you guys know which way i end up going on this and how it works out. Thanks for the tips they are very much appreciated

Atom

PS this system is not on the network so no IE ..Thanks for the input i appreciate it