squale

How to view Geovision over the web using port 80?

I want to view my LIVE geovision cameras over the web but the location I am at only has port 80 open on the firewall, so the specific ports that the geovision webserver runs on, I can't get to from my remote location. Is there any other things I can do to get around this? Can I host my own webserver on port 80 using IIS and then funnel the geovision webserver through that?

You cannot use IIS on the same machine running the Geo Web Servers. IIS will take system priority and it will literally shutdown the Webcam Server in the Geo Software. You will need to either open the ports 3550, 4550 etc, or port forward those to your own ports of preference.

scottj

so there is no way to run it over port 80 and ONLY port 80? all other ports are blocked for me, thanks

let me test something here, give me 5 minutes and then I will send a link for you to try.

scott

If I remember correctly you don't have to use the built-in GeoHTTP server. I have heard of people powering the webcam with Apache and IIS. I don't have a system available to me so I can't find the solution for you, but I'm sure someone else should be able to help you out.