Sign in to follow this  
myplace46

GE Security, SP-POE, PoE 15.4W Splitter

Sold it. The guy I sold it to explained what it did and how it worked so, now I'm a little better educated.

Hey guys,

I really don't know anything about this Item but, a friend wanted me to put it up for sale for him.

He's asking $15. I guess if you need one you know what it is.

p543124057-4.jpg

The SP-POE from GE Security is a PoE 15.4W Splitter (IEEE 802.3af). GE Security’s SP-PoE is a Power over Ethernet device that splits 48V DC over the Ethernet cable into 5V/12V DC power output. Working with IEEE 802.3af power source equipment (PSE), the SP-PoE minimizes restrictions due to power outlet locations, eliminating costs for additional AC wiring and reducing the installation time. Once the unit is installed, a system administrator only has to use a single RJ-45 Ethernet cable to carry both power and data to each device. The SP-PoE also reduces cost and facilitates networking planning while delivering higher reliability.

Edited by Guest

Hi. John. i know your always on the look out for IP cameras. what your friend is asking for the GE. i would keep it for yourself.

Hi. John. i know your always on the look out for IP cameras. what your friend is asking for the GE. i would keep it for yourself.

Hey Tom,

I don't know what I'd use it for. The instruction manual doesn't make a lot of sense. (written in Chinenglish)

At first I thought it was a power injector that would let me use POE to power my cams but, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Buy the way, you remember when I asked you about the Iqeye 852? well I ended up getting 3 of them for 125 each. Can't wait to

get them hooked up!

Hey Tom,

I don't know what I'd use it for. The instruction manual doesn't make a lot of sense. (written in Chinenglish)

At first I thought it was a power injector that would let me use POE to power my cams but, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Buy the way, you remember when I asked you about the Iqeye 852? well I ended up getting 3 of them for 125 each. Can't wait to

get them hooked up!

For $ 15 keep it

good unit to have