justbeen on you tube and the bloke was saying that I can use

just been on you tube and the bloke was saying that I can use

my cat5 cable and 1 balun to communicate with 4 cameras

can anyone just let me know how this works or just so I am doubley

sure how you do this . help is v v much appreciated

because till i saw the you tube vide i would have used an awful

ammount of cable so I will definately wire them up using this

method.

i've seen some Baluns that are 4 in 1, perhaps that is what was mentioned, might have been helpful if you linked the youtube in question...

hi. if your under cable runs are not extream then yes 4 way baluns 1 cat5 will run 4 cameras. if you dont have network tools then look for direct connection or both.

188929_1.jpg

198260_1.jpg

i've seen some Baluns that are 4 in 1, perhaps that is what was mentioned, might have been helpful if you linked the youtube in question...

this was the link I watched using cat5 cable and baluns to connect a cctv camera to your DVR.

Thanks for all your replies.

Slightly off this once these are all connected to my american dynamics dvr will these all just show up

on my box of squares I have already named them just got to do the cable runs done also another question

that I have wondered about what are the differences between cat5 cable which has 8 wires and telephone cable which also has 8 wires. thanks again for all your help hopefull should be all up and running by next friday it will have added 6 extra cameras and make life very difficult for the thieves we get nearly every day.

Cat5e cable uses 4 twisted pairs. Each pair is twisted to cancel electrical or radio frequency noise that can be induced in the length of the run, which can affect the signal. There is a specification for the electrical and physical properties of cat5e cable, that goes into a whole range of characteristics, in order to optimize use for standardized signal handling in specific applications.

Regular 4 and 8 conductor telephone wire is not usually twisted the same, and it is likely a different spec if it even has to meet a standard specification for the intended end use.

The best Cat5e cable (like good coax or Siamese cable), is often tested after manufacture, to ensure it meets or exceeds the signal handling specifications.

Your link for the video didn't show up......

Slightly off this once these are all connected to my american dynamics dvr will these all just show up on my box of squares I have already named them

As long as the same camera connects to the same input... yes. There's no FUNCTIONAL difference between this and individual coax runs.

that I have wondered about what are the differences between cat5 cable which has 8 wires and telephone cable which also has 8 wires.

As far as use with video baluns... none. Baluns don't REQUIRE UTP; I've used them with alarm wire, speaker wire, microphone wire... four-pair UTP like Cat5e and Cat6 is more commonly used just because they're a more common wire, and because it allows for easy upgrade to network later.

Cat5e cable uses 4 twisted pairs. Each pair is twisted to cancel electrical or radio frequency noise that can be induced in the length of the run, which can affect the signal. There is a specification for the electrical and physical properties of cat5e cable, that goes into a whole range of characteristics, in order to optimize use for standardized signal handling in specific applications.

Regular 4 and 8 conductor telephone wire is not usually twisted the same, and it is likely a different spec if it even has to meet a standard specification for the intended end use.

The twists in Cat3 and other such cables are also designed to reject outside interference... the specific twists in Cat5e and up - each pair different from the others - is designed to reduce cross-talk between pairs (signal induced in one pair from its adjacent pairs).

Either type will work fine for video over baluns.

thanks all very much for your replies is it possible the engineer could have put an extra password on it so

I can't update any extra cameras that the computer can see or have added. although I do have an extra password that the engineer didn't realise I saw him type in this is again I am using the american dynamics

software If he has is there any way round it so I can get the computer to see the new cameras or how do I do this. hope you understand what I mean. thank you all again for your help.

Most DVRs have all chans enabled as the default, so plug in a camera & there it is. However some need to have the video i/p channel enabled in the setup menu

Most DVRs have all chans enabled as the default, so plug in a camera & there it is. However some need to have the video i/p channel enabled in the setup menu
thanks for your reply

I have wired them up as much as I know the cameras are named but when you go to any of the other

menus they are greyed out and you can't do anything with them as a last resort I was going to go as far as doing a software re install if that doesn't have a password stopping me doing that as I have the permission of the store manager to get the cameras up and running it is very annoying these things have been done there is no trust from whoever set it up or whoever told them how to set it up as all I want to do is cut down the ammount of thieves we have. how do i do this i will have a look I have now dowloaded the manuals and everything else about the american dynamics LT system I going to see if I can email american dynamics for there advice to see what they suggest. also how do I enable the video i/p channel? thanks again for your replies these are v v much appreciated as i am getting a bit desperate know.

thanks i'll have a look for that if I was to reinstall could I have it so I could not have these passwords active

is it easy to reinstall the software is intellex from american dynamics then I could have access to everything the software does.

go to the schedule menu under setup.

if the line is red for that camera, it is disabled.

change it to green for active.

sadly I can't use this as the administrator of the system put a password on that bit

but I am still hoping to get round that bit thanks again for all your help.

i know how to reset the pin codes.

let me know if you need my help.

yes I would like to know I have sent you a pm you can tell me that way if you like.thanks

I know have full access so how do I add the cameras or enable them I know it is something to do with the schedule function but as the button descriptions don't seem to be showing I need to what the buttons are as the buttons could be hidden as well. help v much appreciated