I've had two customers recently who both have Verizon internet at their locations. Since Verizon charges an outrageous amount per month for Static IPs, both asked to have their DVRs set up with remote view with DDNS. The first was a Qvis Apollo DVR which I'm pretty familiar with...never had an issue with networking before but couldn't get it networked using NO-IP.com. It worked when I input the IP address on No-IP but as soon as the IP address changed, the DVR failed to update. I called tech support but they couldn't figure it out either.

Next case, I have a DVR that the customer bought at SuperCircuits. Machine is less than impressive to say the least but SC claims the dvr has DDNS that will work with DynDNS. So we set it up, and it worked until the IP address changed (again fails to update). Called tech support for assistance and again they couldn't figure it out.

So my question is, do these dvrs actually support DDNS? If so, any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks!

Do the dvrs themselves have an area to enter the IP of the ddns website and your username and password

to the site? If not, more than likely, the dvr is not connecting to the server and failing to update.

Not the cleanest way to solve problem but I have been to the extent of installing logmein or teamviewer on a workstation on the network and use remote desktop or set gateway so when you create vpn on that sysytem it can view dvr or port forward 8080 to dvr ip for web viewer . Like I said not ideal but effective

You really need to do some troubleshooting on the DVR, make sure its actually connecting to the DDNS service. Maybe try another one.

If that doesn't work out, just put a windows (or whatever) client on the clients PC.