When can we expect Dahua to upgrade to the latest ONVIF specifications? I ask because I just setup a security system at my home and have been testing multiple NVR software solutions. I'm totally sold on Avigilon but the lack of motion detection really sucks. I'm not familiar with the industry and am trying to gauge how long it will take to conform to the latest standards on Dahua's part.

Thanks all!

When can we expect Dahua to upgrade to the latest ONVIF specifications? I ask because I just setup a security system at my home and have been testing multiple NVR software solutions. I'm totally sold on Avigilon but the lack of motion detection really sucks. I'm not familiar with the industry and am trying to gauge how long it will take to conform to the latest standards on Dahua's part.

Thanks all!

my 2 cents:)

evev if Dahua upgrade to latest ONVIF

to me it does not mean that Avigilon will do motion recording from Dahua cameras

time will show

I have a dome from them here now for testing, and really it does a pretty good job for the price. I was truly surprised by how nice the image was. Same issue though, without on camera motion it will not work for my uses. I can record constant fine, but I do not want to do that.

In the firmware there appears to be motion settings, but I've not been able to use them. I'll hang onto it hoping for an update sometime because for the cost there are places I might not normally put a camera that I will just because it's cheap to add.

Thanks all!

That's kind of like putting a Geo metro engine in your BMW 7 series isn't it?