Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

any reccommendations on mega pixel PTZ

I have a potential job that is going to be all IP cams but they are thinking about a PTZ has anyone used any of the IP mega pixel cams and if so do you think the difference is worth the extra money I think the axis HD may be out of there budget. This would be in a marina /beach.

Avigilon now has a 1mp and 2mp that are onvif compliant. They look nothing short of stunning. Have not check axis mp ptz prices but I'm sure they would be very competitive.

I have reviews on the Axis P & Q PTZ models on my blog as well as a lower cost Panasonic 1MP camera. ACTi is coming out with a 1080P PTZ at an affordable price pretty soon, maybe September that they showed off at ISC West. at the show, they combined it with their hemispherical 4MP camera where it had a 180 degree view of a large area and when motion was detected, it sent commands to the PTZ to move and zoom into that zone. Pretty cool to think it did that without software, just cameras. Seemed more effecient than having fixed patrols.

If they really want a low budget solution, Dahua makes a 1080P PTZ dome for under a grand, but have not seen it in person.

Of course, hemispherical cameras are a cheap alternative and come in 3,4,5MP resolutions from Geovision, Mobotix, ACTi and I'm sure others by now. they can be setup to view 180 or 360 degrees. Also, Mobotix has their D14-180, covers 180 degrees at 6MP.

The Samsung SNP-5200 is quite cheap as well.

I haven't had the chance to try on out yet as I haven't gotten a job yet to install one so I can't say much about the quality but the min illumination looked really good (color 0.7 Lux F1.6 50 IRE/bw 0.08 Lux F1.6 50 IRE)

Wow,

I just looked at the Avigilon PTZ pricing. It's not any more than a mid priced analog!

And the image quality is fantastic!! Avigilon>Axis

Are they cheaper than Axis?

Looking forward to getting the pricing list.

Thx Mike!