Toaster

IR led's dead, most likely from mid-day & setting sun ... :(

I just noticed on my parking lot camera, that the outer ring of IR led's are NOT coming on, only the inner ring. That camera faces the mid-day and setting sun (faces west). I guess that's just part of it? Or might there be a solution for the next camera I put there?????????

No, not the sun. If you can, RMA that camera and get a working one if it's still under warranty. If not, another camera with working IR will have to be installed. I had one Q-see camera with IR failure. Upgraded all my cams and never bothered to get an RMA for replacement. I just went with different, better cameras from gadspot.

Oh really.. I just assumed it must had been the sun

this is another problem with built in IR..... like any lighting it has a life span. cameras with IR come most with 1 year warranty...... cameras without IR can have 2-3 even 5 years.

Oh really.. I just assumed it must had been the sun

this is another problem with built in IR..... like any lighting it has a life span. cameras with IR come most with 1 year warranty...... cameras without IR can have 2-3 even 5 years.

Wow, and since I'm about to place another camera mounted lower - and it has been suggested to use a dome without ir, looks like getting an ir spot might be a good idea.

Did you check your power adaptor?

sometimes if your power adaptor starts losing its juice, your irs become weaker. Otherwise the IR board on the camera needs replacing.