You've noticed

There are only few good products out there.

Some companies doesnen't have shame at all.

If they all gathered their efforts, they might come up with a good product...

I have a few of them. The local video is good but the remote video is terrible. Prices are decent, software needs drastic work (spelling errors, misaligned pages/boxes). Overall it is very stable though. Not very featurer rich, but I think it is almost up to the high end Kodicom standards.

Scottj

I just got one of these 4 channel cards the other day to test, so far, Im running it on my Via Chipset 2.0Ghz PC, 512DDR, 128 video.

Im running the Home Server Software, so I can minimize in the background, and it works well so far, no lock ups or errors. Only 1 camera conected, but I imagine wont be much different with 2 cameras. I see it as a decent card for a budget system.

Local quality is decent, remote video quality is not very good, but i have seen much worse with some cheap stand alones.

The server software, looks like an SDK base software, very basic. The server software and browser activeX page, etc, is soo similar to the Eclipse, means whoever wrote the original software for them, had to write this one also, i mean it is way too similar. Eclipse uses Digiflower mostly BTW.

Search, havent quite firgured it out 100%, but maybe thats all it does ..

Anyway, nice for a budget system, so far so good.

Rory

I believe it's too early to draw conclusions.

What version have you got there?

Try to connect another camera and set both to motion triggered recording, and let us know if it works well.

He has the older version Shay, I can't remember which one it was, it is probably the one you have as well. I may have the V3.3.00, I am looking for it. We asked for modifications and I was sent a link saying some "bugs" were fixed so I have to check it out and see. Send me an email and I will post you a link if I have it so you can download it and play around with it.

Scottj

Version 3.2

I only have 1 camera

Remember, its a budget system .. so i dont expect too much ..

same as I have.

Budget system or not, basic features must work as advertised.

Sent you an email Scott.

Already taken care of Shay, link sent to both of you guys. Demo at your own risk, I have not tried it yet here.

Scottj