Bagman

Accessing OSD menu on camera

I recently picked up a replacement CCTV camera. It has the pigtail that connects into the bottom of the camera for OSD, but didnt come with a joystick. Is there a way to access the OSD menu without a joystick? For example a PTZ program off of the DVR?

I recently picked up a replacement CCTV camera. It has the pigtail that connects into the bottom of the camera for OSD, but didnt come with a joystick. Is there a way to access the OSD menu without a joystick? For example a PTZ program off of the DVR?

Is the joystick broken off? I recently bought 2 cameras with OSD, one (empire) has the joystick pigtail attached to the cable coming from the camera, just before the 2 regular video/power connectors.

The other (a swann) has 3 connectors coming from the camera, video, power and a pair for the OSD remote control which you can mount inside next to the dvr using the supplied triple cable in the box. Yep, triple cable, not siamese double cable. Now, I can tell you than on the swann - you have to use its remote control (as far as I know), I tried hooking up the 2 osd wires to the dvr using the ptz controls, and nothing happened... but in all fairness I'm not a pro so maybe theres a trick to making it work like a different protocol or baud rate or something...?

Is it one of our -WDR2 models? If so, it will have 3 connections on the pigtail. DC for power, BNC for video and RS485 for the OSD controls. There should also be a joystick to control the OSD right above the pigtail connectors. You can change the communication settings for the RS485 using the joystick in the OSD menu before hooking up the RS485 to your DVR or PTZ Controller.