ic1nyc

Looking for a DVR with at least the following..

Hi all. A few times a year I get service calls from SOHO users/owners of various CCTV systems. Issues are mostly net connectivity problems and the occasional drive failures. I've also installed a few over the years; all were China-sourced systems fitting the tiny budgets I had to work with. I've also built some PC-based systems based on Kodicom cards. With the exception of PC-based systems, I found issues with all of the units I've encountered (eg: IE only browser support; crappy GUIs; badly placed OSDs that can't be removed; no vendor or OEM names on units to help track down support, etc)

Now, keeping the above in mind, I am seeking advice for a standalone 16ch DVR with at least the following specs:

-Full D1 recording across ALL 16 channels

-Must be able to SIMULTANEOUSLY display to HDMI & VGA or BNC displays

-Support at least 2TB storage (client doesn't care about an optical device but it would be nice if unit can accommodate one)

-Good client software

-IOS and Android support

-Ideally muilti-OS support, but MUST support MS XP AND higher

-Preferably not IE-only browser support, but if IE only, then at least IE7 to IE9

-US-based for any support or return issues

Any unit recommendations with pricing and reputable vendors will be greatly appreciated. I am located in NYC.

TIA

i know its not a standalone system, but you could always look at Avigilon system using 4 encoders...

I'm sure some of the yankees in the forum might be able to contact you with regards to pricing etc...

i know its not a standalone system, but you could always look at Avigilon system using 4 encoders...

I'm sure some of the yankees in the forum might be able to contact you with regards to pricing etc...

+1 for Avigilon

Thanks all for the responses. Right now I cannot use/respond via PM.

Unit will have to be standalone, not PC-based system.

From some reading here, looks like Dahua (Qvis, et al) seems to be preferred choice. Any specific model recommendations?

Budget $1200 (inc. cameras!!!)

Right now I cannot use/respond via PM, who is OEM for Dahua ESDV-FULLD1-16? Any comments on this unit?

Budget $1200 (inc. cameras!!!)

Right now I cannot use/respond via PM, who is OEM for Dahua ESDV-FULLD1-16? Any comments on this unit?

i think you answered your own question there

how many cameras does that budget include? i wouldn't recommend spending under $100 per camera; $150-$200 is preferable, otherwise you might as well just go back to the crappy costco package system.

16 cameras plus a 16 channel DVR and you want better GUI and features..... wow this blows my mind

9 cameras to be installed.

Hi. I would also take a look at avermedia not in the budget range of the dahua but all are hybrid. And if you are looking to sell as installed systems .......your not going to have the problems of your customers finding the trade price .

Hi. I would also take a look at avermedia not in the budget range of the dahua but all are hybrid. And if you are looking to sell as installed systems .......your not going to have the problems of your customers finding the trade price .

Any specific Avermedia models?

Well, awaiting delivery of a 2TB QVIS Shangri-La; going to use a Westinghouse 19" LCD.

Need some input on cameras though. Considering using all SV368ZE (2.8-12mm manual varifocal, 700TVL). Anyone has any experience with these units?

can i ask why you have gone for a budget unit ........Looking for a DVR with at least the following..

please dont think its anything like a dahua ......... also no free apps (you have to pay for app on every device)

It's supports full d1; can feed two display simultaneously and fits' the budget since cameras are going to eat up most of it. This thread (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26873) further my decision.

please dont go by that thread it has nothing to do with your dvr............ not the same unit

Tom, I guess I'm confused now too. I think we all know that it's not the exact same unit in that previous thread but the general consensus seems to be that Qvis DVRs are re-branded Dahua DVRs, right? The one he picked out seems to me to have decent specs for the price and should run the free Dahua software, right? If not, then what specifically is wrong with what he and I understand about what he picked out for a DVR?

hi. It is not a dauha. If the sales man says it is then ask to talk to another. The shang is a 16 way $200 unit and will not work with ANY dauha software or APP and its also new to the market

Well, installed unit today; can't recommend product. Power supply doesn't fit flush to unit and easily slips, . For remote viewing, quicktime plug-in loads but no video display, just the QT logo. Currently trying to find solution.

For remote viewing, quicktime plug-in loads but no video display

remote viewing on what ??? you dont neet any quicktime plug-in.

which software are you using and which apps