mysticav

watchdog is shotting down geovision, how can I disable that?

YEs, I just can't find how to disable that function. Geovision system log out due to video lost. but I want to keep the system up even if there's no signal. Any Idea ?? i get a message "...watchdog try to reboot sytem"

Actually there's no watchdog cable connected. The problem is with the software. The message mentions about watchdog independently if you have watchdog cable connected or not.

So, it means that there's no way to disable this automated action ?

Does it mean that I need to have at least 1 camera connected ?

Thanks.

i never had that issue, i do turn off the video loss noise though, not sure if that makes it not do it or not ... did you install anything else besides the Geo Main System?

Why dont you just disable all the cameras in the camera enable/disable menu?

The pC is clean. only Windows XP and Geovision. I have tried with all the cameras disabled. evendow, the problem continues, after a few minutes with no signal (cameras enable or disabled, it's the same), geovision log off and try to restart windows. "watchdog is trying to restart windows"

The video loss noise is already disabled.

Anyway, if the problem persists I will contact geovision. OR try to keep the cameras with signal. THe software should have an option to disable and enable watchdog auto restart. Maybe this a bug.

I turn off a ton of windows services, perhaps one of those servives are used to restart the PC by geo ..? Ive used it here, well version 7.0 and no cameras, and was alright.

well, I still got a prompt "...watchdog is trying to restart windows.." ok or cancel.

after 10 seconds, if I don't cancel, the system shut down, and restarts. No services running, I isntalled everything from scratch, windows XP, and geovision is the only installed software.

Its been a while since I've used Geo, but I seem to recall the Geohealth.ini in the windows directory contains the switch for the software watchdog.

Doug

YEs, I just can't find how to disable that function. Geovision system log out due to video lost. but I want to keep the system up even if there's no signal. Any Idea ?? i get a message "...watchdog try to reboot sytem"

There are some versions of Geo that will reboot.....the software....if no cameras are connected, they fixed this..welll err changed this FEATURE in later versions, but you need to disable any cam inputs your not using and you must have at least 1x camera feed!

When I say services, I turn off a bunch of default windows XP services.
What services do you disable?

everything that isnt needed. Ill make a list later on.

cctvgeeknz, so it means that the problem is with my geovision hardware not with the software ? So, the DVR I have is an old version ?

The new ones are already deal with this problem ?

I'll prefer not to disable windows services, to keep the system as simple as possible.

I am not sure exactly what mysticav is trying to accomplish here. What is the purpose of using the Geo software if you always plan on having Video Lost errors, or no cameras connected? This makes no logical sense to me.

Scottj

scottj, the only reason I considered this a problem is when I need to configure geovision without cameras. Sometimes I setup geovision before the cameras installation. So, the constant watchdog alert is terrible.

By the way, wich services are you mean ? I would like to know about this services , If you recommend to disable them, It'll be nice to know.

Ok I see.

It would be easier to get a camera and setup the machine with 1 chanel enabled. Besides, if you do not connect a camera, you have no way of verifying that all the video chanels are actualy working prior to installing at a customer site. This might save you some troubleshooting if you check inhouse.

Hook up a VCR or DVD player like I did to your video input and see what happens Go from there

Don't forget to set your port limit number.

I did not see a Geovision Card Model given or what software your using so this is the best I can come up with right now.

That Geohealth.ini file Doug mentioned does have a reference to a software watchdog. I have a GV-1240 with 7.04 software. You can try setting the value to 0 from 1 and see what happens. Make sure to exit the program and then re-enter so that file gets read again.