kandcorp

WHAT'S THE BEST OUTDOOR IR BULLET CAMERA FOR UNDER $200.00

Don’t specifically mention the price you pay for the camera. But you know what I mean, Inexpensive, couple of hundred dollars or less. Also please post any Pictures, links or screen shots.

_thanks_

Dont expect any impressive IR outdoors from ANY bullet camera, from any manufacturer. You need more IR and then it gets into a whole different ball game, a larger tube all in one camera, which is then not a bullet camera.

And remember when they quote IR distances, never expect that outdoors, and expext much much less if the area has nothing to reflect the IR.

I did a search on that Eclipse camera as you typed it in and guess where it led me, well right back here of course to an earlier post of yours. Pretty neat trick.

Let me know what I should really be searching for

After learning about the importance of an IR filter I have been staying clear of any Day/Night camera that doesn't have one. As you have said several times if it doesn't have an IR filter it isn't a true Day/Night camera.

Have you used this model or heard anything good about it?

not me, i dont use Eclipse anymore ... but its made by another company and used by many other OEM branded companies, dont know any off hand.

Yea, I think its an AV Tech w/ a modded Sun Shield.

Anyway me personally, I like MACE Security's CAM53CIR. Its real cheap, always comes with a 100FT of P n P Cable and a 12V 1 Amp Power Supply. The performance of the camera you cant beat for the price. It literally works in almost any application. IR's are really powerfull.

http://mace.com/products.php?model=CAM53CIR

Do you have a sample image taken from the video you can show us?

The specs look good, but don't they always.

Seeing a picture is helpful. The old, a picture is worth a thousand words business.

It's always nice if people can share samples of the cameras they have worked with. Hopefully the majority of people that frequent this forum feel the same way

Ive installed that camera under the COP name, and also replaced the MACE version at the last job, like he said, its cheap. Images look like those other ones you've seen Jasper.

34 Ford_

Any experience using those KPCn600-H1 cameras.

Specs look good wondering if you our anyone else has used this particular cam before.

yes. and now the "o" ring that is in the unit has been replaced with a newer easier to work with "0"ring, if you need to open the unit for adjustments.

34 Ford_

Any experience using those KPCn600-H1 cameras.

Specs look good wondering if you our anyone else has used this particular cam before.

Well for $188 I think its a great cam, It has a mechanical day night filter, auto iris, 3.8-9.5mm adjustable lens and infra red all in one. However I dont use the i/r as I have motion flood lights. In order to get great visability in total darkness with just i/r it takes a much better camera.

And your talking money now.

So far I am pleased with it and considering buying 3 more.

I had considered another camera with the same features but without the i/r but they go for over $300

I was about to post this same question, though my budget is a little higher in trying to stay under $350 or so. I have installed a good handful of very cheap IR Bullets, along with a few more expensive getting into the $300 range. I have had problems with condensation forming on the inside despite the fact they claim them to be outdoor cameras, and some even give an underwater depth rating.

I now have an application where it must have a good 35 ft. Illumination range out in the open, color during daytime and I prefer the type where the cabling is ran through it's base / mount like this Speco model photo will show vs. where the cable comes out the back of the housing and is exposed.

32057_1.jpg

I saw that a few Speco models promotes having a built in heater to eliminate condensation but I wonder if that in needed to prevent the problem ???

This is the camera I was thinking of getting, but notice nothing mentioned in it's specs about an IR Filter.

http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/productDetails.asp?prodid=790

From reading the other posts in this thread, I take it is feature that helps performance.

I am in the Pacific NorthWest and we do have a bit of fog now and then. I had one installation where I placed an IR Cam that claimed 60 ft. of illumination and was surrounded with some 48 led's around the lensein the housing. On foggy days, it so brightly illiminated the fog infront of the camera, that it provided a visibility of about 3 feet infront of the camera. During those conditions, the naked eye could still see 15 feet or so. Kind of like turning on your cars high beams on a very foggy night. Is this something that can't be avoided without providing the IR illumination from a elsewhere like off to the side ?

Thanks for any thoughts you can provide.

I use a camera from a company called ClearView security products. It is an amazing camera for the money. They call it the ICR 150. It has a 1/3 sony, 480 line res and 21 blue IR's. This is one of the only cameras that i have seen w/ the blue IR's. They seem to work much better than the white ones. It comes w/a 3.6 mm lens and a built in audio mic as well as a power supply. It is priced under a $125 dollars.