Liquid_Squelch

Run PTZ Preset at set times/dates on Dahua DVR

I'm looking to schedule my PTZ camera to move to certain presets at set times of the day. I would rather not move it when required, and then assume the idle time kicks in on the PTZ and places it back into the default preset.

Has anyone setup their PTZ to move to specific presets at set times through the day? If so, how do you do it? Do you run external alarm triggers set on timers? If so, what make/model do you suggest.

Or, do you run a RS-485 interface on a PC and set timers via software (such as Linux CRON), or do you patch a computer to the serial port of the DVR and send serial commands to set preset, again using software or Linux CRON to push the commands out the serial cable?

My PTZ camera is currently receiving commands only from my DVR via local console, PSS for remote viewing, or my mobile device.

Thanks for the info.

It's a function of the motion settings menu in the ptz, at least in mine. If your ptz doesn't support scheduling, than I don't know how you would do it or if you could do it. The ptz either supports scheduling or it doesn't. In mine, I choose a preset and then schedule the time it goes to it and the time it ends. If your ptz doesn't support scheduling, turn off or choose 'none' in the idle settings, and then manually move the camera at the times you need it. Then it will stay where you put it until you move it manually again.

I need something that will work through the RS-485 bus or use the DVR as the controller.

I'm sure I can get a Serial to RS-485 interface on fleabay and hopefully run a script at set times to send the preset commands to the camera.

My DVR has 16 alarm inputs, a Serial Input, and RS-485 bus (obviously) .Something that will work off those 3 options would be what I am looking to achieve.

I need to tell my PTZ camera where to move at certain times of the day, on a schedule. You said your PTZ does it internally, mine doesn't..there is no clock or calendar built into my camera. That is why I need to control it via the RS485 data line using an extra timer/calendar device or via the DVR alarm inputs or DVR RS-232 console if possible.

Example:

Watch the first bus stop every weekday morning from time A to time B

Watch the second bus stop every weekday morning from time C to time D

Watch my car in the street when I am normally home

Go on Patrol or go to another preset on all other times of the day.

I can send the PTZ to presets during alarms over the RS485 interface. The camera communicates with the DVR just fine. I can currently control the camera ONLY via the dvr GUI.

It should be a simple concept. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this, and if so, how..

Hi. yes it can be done but you will need to spend a little.

you can use a PTZ programmable controller and i would also look at one that has alarm inputs just like your dvr so as while it is doing your timed location it can still react

look for a controller with schedule proramable settings.